Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding advice

Hello everyone. Due to an unfortunate mixup my main account was deactivated and I was instructed to use my new account so I could no longer post on the old one. I need a bit of advice however. To start, I've come from a long journey thus far in restoring my credit. In 2017 I had 5 collections across the board and my credit score at that time was 443. It's been 3 years almost and I have one collections account left! My current scores are as follows

Fico 8 Scores
EQ: 599
EX: 649
TU: 649

I currently have 19 open accounts (9 of them are credit cards). I register as a thick file but every single one of those accounts has a flawless payment history since the rebuild. Even some of those are installment loans that were paid off. My total CL across all my cards including "Authorized user" cards is 18k and my util is 3%. I've learned a lot from my time here on the forums on my other account and it's helped a lot. But this time my last collections account is the infamous EOS CCA. Some people report that they don't do a PFD and some people do. I got a letter from them with a settlement amount which is 60% of the amount owed (836) and the debt would be considered paid in full. If I took this deal in which I have enough to pay it, how would it look if it just gets reported as a "Debt settled" over it being completely deleted? I know the latter is much better considering it would be treated as if it doesn't exist, but does anyone have any experience with EOS CCA? Specifically EOS CCA from verizon on an old phone charge off. Also, my Bank of America was charged off and the account was closed back in 2015 with the balance at 1300. They sent me letters about settling the amount for 386, but what would happen if I paid the entire balance off as a show of goodwill? Do you know if they would do a PFD? Does anyone have experience with BoA? It's a charged off account rather than a collections account.

5 REPLIES 5
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

Re: Rebuilding advice

With the Eos, if you’re planning to pay, I would ask them if they will delete the trade line. BoA won’t do a PFD. If you have the money to pif, that may help later if you try to goodwill the account. If you can’t afford to pif, just settle. Either way, an account that’s in collections will ding you every month until it’s reporting zero balance.

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calling @rckstrscott!

I believe he may have some insight for you into EOS.

My SO also has a CA with them (collecting for Century Link) and when I search threads, I have seen few posts regarding them and any PFD success, but there may be hope! I am currently working on getting this baddie of his CR (only reporting on 2 CRs), as he has few baddies, but a fairly thin file overall, so it is really painful to his scores to have even 1 left in the end - paid or not.

Message 3 of 6
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Thanks @Anonymous 

I will send you a PM @Anonymous  - I had success with EOS CCA on a Verizon account.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you mind telling me how you went about with your success with EOS? I'm trying to help a friend clear some things up and she has a small collections from EOS for Centurylink. She can easily pay but of course would like to get removed. 

@rckstrscott wrote:

Thanks LaHossBoss 

I will send you a PM SoulRaver  - I had success with EOS CCA on a Verizon account.

-scott

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys! I am new to this forum and am dealing with a similar situation as the OP.

@rckstrscott would you be able to PM me your EOS CCA contact as well? I would really appreciate it!

@rckstrscott wrote:

Thanks @Anonymous 

I will send you a PM @Anonymous  - I had success with EOS CCA on a Verizon account.

-scott

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.