Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding and have older BK question

tag
Mike1inTX
Valued Member

Rebuilding and have older BK question

Hi ,

After a Chap 7 BK filing in 08/2008, I am down to two negs on my TU report falling off in Sept and the BK turns 5 years old.

My question is on the TU report, the Chap 7 is listed as: Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Dismissed.

My BK was discharged not dismissed.

Should this be disputed or left alone?

Currently My Fico has me at a 730 score on TU due to all the negs dropping off . The DOFD on these accounts were all in 2006.

Ex and EQ show the BK Discharged.

Very nice rebuild so far and just have a concern about the TU wording and type of BK.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

ScoresSmiley Embarassed
EX 820
EQ 823
TU 819
BK 08/08
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Rebuilding and have older BK question

Score wise I don't think it matters.

Are/did all of the accounts showing IIB? 

For accuracy, I would rather it show discharged and not dismissed.

Message 2 of 5
Mike1inTX
Valued Member

Yes,

All accounts were IIB.

I was not sure about how an new creditors may view a Dismissed BK vs a Discharged BK.

I don't think it will effect the score either.

Would like to keep everything accurate.

The BK will be the only Neg on the reports in Sept.

ScoresSmiley Embarassed
EX 820
EQ 823
TU 819
BK 08/08
Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would send the CRA a copy of your discharge orders, a copy of the report showing dismissed and ask them to correct it.

Message 4 of 5
Mike1inTX
Valued Member

Update:

Agreed that this should report accurately and got the nerve to call TU.

I asked the difference between a Dismissed BK vs a Discharged BK. 

The CSR stated: Discharged BK's were seen by the court and a discharge of debt was granted by a Judge.

A dismissed BK was incomplete due to a variety of reasons depending on the individual and may be viewed by potential creditors as having unresolved bad debt(s).

The CSR stated this should be disputed if I had a Discharged BK and filed a dispute for me.

The CSR stated the court has 40 days to respond to the dispute and if I have supporting paperwork and would like to send to them, they will update within 5 business days of receipt.

I do have the supporting paperwork but thinking hummm, what if the court did not respond?  Delete?

Then integrity and reality got the best of me and prepared the paperwork to send to TU. LOL

I will update if there is a score change for the FYI.

I appreciate the responses.

ScoresSmiley Embarassed
EX 820
EQ 823
TU 819
BK 08/08
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.