Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding credit Advice!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding credit Advice!

i messed up my credit when I was young my credit reports looks like this

eq-595 TU-610 EX- 607. I have 3 credit cards all in good standing capital one qs1 credit limit- 300. Fingerhut- 400 and credit one - 300

i have an auto loan never late I have a student loan never late except for one time and that was 55 months ago. I do have some items in collections 6 in total , I was wondering if I could get some advice on which credit cards can I apply and get most likely approve.  I need to have more credit line to start gardening. Btw all 3 cards in total are 30% and below utility. Thanks

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Rebuilding credit Advice!

@Anonymous wrote:

i messed up my credit when I was young my credit reports looks like this

eq-595 TU-610 EX- 607. I have 3 credit cards all in good standing capital one qs1 credit limit- 300. Fingerhut- 400 and credit one - 300

i have an auto loan never late I have a student loan never late except for one time and that was 55 months ago. I do have some items in collections 6 in total , I was wondering if I could get some advice on which credit cards can I apply and get most likely approve.  I need to have more credit line to start gardening. Btw all 3 cards in total are 30% and below utility. Thanks

1. for scoring you don't need anymore credit cards BUT.

2. if you have 3 credit cards, I would try to only have 1 report a balance each month... even though you are under 30%, you are taking a small hit for having all 3 accounts with balances.

3. I would check pre-qual for capital one and see if you could pick up another cap1 and CLOSE CREDIT ONE!! they are terrible.

4. I would consider the new Discover Secured Card and that will also give you your TU Fico each month.

5. address the collections before seeking more credit (this before 3 and 4 actually!)

Message 2 of 15
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Your at 30% with a total credit line of $900? What is your income? Pay off cards to 2% then see where your scores are at. Before thinking of apping for anything.  

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So  if only one card reports a balance that will help me? Also will paying my collections help my credit score? I heard it does not help out of the 6 , 4 account will be removed from credit score in 2018 they are from 2011

Message 4 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So  if only one card reports a balance that will help me? Also will paying my collections help my credit score? I heard it does not help out of the 6 , 4 account will be removed from credit score in 2018 they are from 2011

yes, 1 balance less than 9%.

while paying collections might not help a score per say... they drastically effect which and when lenders will start issuing credit again... it looks like you are not taking responsibility for debts when you don't pay them.... especially when you are under 5 years because you are still in fair collection window unless you live in one of the few 4 year states. even settling will be better than nothing unless you are talking about a ton of money.

What are the collections and amounts?

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection amounts total 4k all together.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now if lets say out of the 3 cards 1000 credit in total there is  one with balance of 0 one with balance of 141 and another one with balance of 25 so total is 166 out of the 1000 line of credit , is this good enough?

Message 7 of 15
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Treat your cards like (Charges)... PIF 

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 8 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Pretty good but 2 of 3 reporting 0 best
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe you should try to do PFD for the collections? Get those suckers deleted!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.