cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding credit after dismissed bk7

kengilreath2013

Rebuilding credit after dismissed bk7

Well everything went wrong in my bk, now I'm rebuilding and need help. Anyone got a timeline on there rebuilding. So far got credit 1 $500 (1yr old)
Cap one plat $500 (6mos)
Cap one Quicksilver $500 (2mos)

CapitalOne Platinum - $300, CreditOne - $500
Starting Score: 515
Current Score: 515
Goal Score: 600

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Super Contributor

Re: Rebuilding credit after dismissed bk7

You got the three cards thats needed to build your score with time. When was your case dismissed? Do you have any loans? Car or mortgage?

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 2 of 5
kengilreath2013

Was dismissed a little over a year ago. 1car loan with a stupid interest rate 26%. Got it a year ago. Paying 1 settlement almost paid it off.

CapitalOne Platinum - $300, CreditOne - $500
Starting Score: 515
Current Score: 515
Goal Score: 600

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
FireMedic1
Super Contributor

Well you have the FICO rebuilders bonus with 3 cards and a loan. The lower the balance on the loan. The higher your scores will go. The judgement is the killer for now until its paid. For now. Pay that thing off and you can recover slowly. Its a pretty good baddie against you. Time is your best friend for now. More credit wont heal the wounds for now. Once all that is caught up. Then you could hit up Disco possibly. But ya gotta fix whats broken first. Which you are doing. And actually its not a bad start really. It will take some time. But it passes by quick.

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 4 of 5
ImTheDevil
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 knows what he’s talking about. What I’ll add is to familiarize yourself with AZEO (lots of info on this forum). Use that to manage your accounts to maximize your scoring gains. Don’t overuse your cards, let them sit and work for you while you pay off the old debts and you’ll be on track very soon.

Platinum NPSL | Rose Gold NPSL | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | FNBO Prime Visa | PenFed PCR | Navy cashRewards | Navy Platinum | Apple | IT Cash | IT Chrome | GHSFCU Visa Plat | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Sams MC | Firestone | Overstock | Kohl’s | Key Bank auto loan (2017 Audi A6 Premium Plus S-Line)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.