cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding credit .. looking for help finding auto loan.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding credit .. looking for help finding auto loan.

Hey guys I’m new here. Always looked on here for advice but this is my first time posting. Here’s my situation.
Basically I messed up my credit at 18, I’m about to turn 20 now.
I first opened a secured card with Bank of America, had on time payments for 5 months then I went through some tough times and it eventually ended up charged off. It’s currently still on my report and I plan on paying it off in order for me to get my next auto loan. Not sure how much this will help since it’s only $121 but every bit counts.
I currently have a citi secured card with good history , my current auto loan (100% payments since mar. 2016 and it only reports to equifax) and a self lender loan as well. I also just paid my citi card down to a 30% balance. My equifax score is a 583 currently but myFICO says it’ll be a 633 after my citi balance reports and I pay off my BofA card. My Experian is supposed to go up to around a 615. Any chance i get approved with these new scores? Also any tips to continue to rebuild my credit? My score has continued to go up and I don’t want to mess anything up again from here on. Thanks in advancez
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding credit .. looking for help finding auto loan.

You will definitely get approved just not likely to have the best interest rates. If you have a history with a local credit union try there first before going to the dealership. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding credit .. looking for help finding auto loan.

Awesome thank you, I have history with a few. Anyone know of Credit unions that tend to pull equifax? I live in southwest Florida.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.