Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding credit need some advice.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding credit need some advice.

Just need advice. I bought a car back in 2012 for 10k. The engine died the night I got it. Dealerahip wouldn't take it back. We tried to fix couldnt. I paid on this car for 3 years. I let them repo it in 2015. Last reporting to credit bereau was 2015 as a charge off of balance of 3k. Disputed the item last month. Stupid decision now. CIG updated balance to $8900 its still a charge off. I called CIG to see if they would do a pay to delete. They said I owe $8900. They wont settle for less than 5k and it will just read settled. I can't afford that.They said the 5800 is interest from the past 4 years. The car sold at auction in 2012 for $325. By them updating the balance on my score dropped on credit karma by 40pts. I have not seen it drop on myfico. I live in Colorado amd their in California. Can they still come after me for 8900?I never heard from the creditor after the repo until now. Never knew how much they sold it for until now. Can they still charge this much interest? Can I dispute this again or should I? What would I say to the credit bereaus?
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.