Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding credit tips

tag
Creditchallengeddd
Valued Member

Rebuilding credit tips

Thanks for this forum! Much good info with knowledgeable posters .I'd like tips on best ways to improve credit.....Me : age 50  4 years ago left the credit world . Repo car . Closed bank account . About 9000 in unpaved bills . I'm disabled and collect 2500 net monthly .One year ago I got secured wells Fargo card . 6 months ago PayPal credit 250 limit . Next month wells Fargo graduating me to unsecured card . Selflender loan last 5 months for 25 a month...secured Amazon 100 limit account 5 months ago...credit scores of 652 and 630 vantage.......what best ways to improve scores ? . I will not be paying off previous repo, ECT ......I do qualify for a disabled home loan (very easier qualifications than standard home loan I think) . But not paying 4 year old collections probably hold me back any time soon.....I have no assets and currently rent

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Rebuilding credit tips

Hi and welcome to the forums

If you are not planning on paying, there is nothing that can be done other than waiting for all negative info to drop off your credit report
As long as they remain unpaid and updating, your scores will remain suppressed

Make sure you dont add any more negatives, and wait. Adding additional tradeline wont help.
There is a scoring boost for the first couple of cards, for some up to third, but past that, the positive cannot drown the negatives.

So, in your case, it will be all about the time.
Message 2 of 3
Creditchallengeddd
Valued Member

Re: Rebuilding credit tips

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.