cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding credit

tag
Lynnj

Rebuilding credit

I am trying rebuild my credit. Diversified just put a collection account on my file even though I wrote them and told them the bill was already paid twice to Verizon. Now I have this collection account on my file which dropped by score. What would you advise that I do?  Pay it or leave it alone.  Right now its the newest negative.  All others are dropping off 2014/2015.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Rebuilding credit

@Lynnj wrote:

I am trying rebuild my credit. Diversified just put a collection account on my file even though I wrote them and told them the bill was already paid twice to Verizon. Now I have this collection account on my file which dropped by score. What would you advise that I do?  Pay it or leave it alone.  Right now its the newest negative.  All others are dropping off 2014/2015.

I would try pay in full for Deletion.

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 6
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

I would dispute it with the CRA and provide proof of payment. Good luck!

Message 3 of 6
SusieQ
Regular Contributor

send them proof of payment and request deletion.  Good luck.

Message 4 of 6
dashpt
Frequent Contributor

If you already paid it to Verizon you need to send them your receipt and also i would get intouch with Verizon to pull that collections because if they received payment they should not still have you in collections for the same debt.

Cap one secured=200 closed
Cap One unsecured10,000
Wellsfargo1500
Walmart5000
Victoria'ssecrets1850, citicard 6500TU=735,Ex=723,Eq=734
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

If you have proof of payment then I would submit it to the collection agency along with the other 2 letters you previously sent them. Good luck!!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.