Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding from BK7, next steps

tag
UNH96

Rebuilding from BK7, next steps

I filed for Chapter 7 in May, discharged/closed on 08/15/18

I have applied for two secured cards, both accepted, Elan (300) and Merrick (300). For some reason my existing Kohl's card (300) survived the BK.

So I now have three cards and my auto loan (10k+) was reaffirmed during the BK.  

My current FICO8 scores as of today from myfico dashboard: Experian: 641 | Equifax: 681 | TransUnion: 648

Is there anything else I can do to improve my situation?

Thanks,

Mike

BK7 discharged 8/2018
Fico 8 11/20: EX 675 | TU 675 | EQ 684
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Rebuilding from BK7, next steps

You got what it takes to start building. Right now time is on your side. In 6 months go for a unsecured card depending on who got burned. Maybe Cap1 or Discover. The seeds are planted time to let them grow. No app sprees. Slow and steady wins the race. GL!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with the above.  With 3 cards and an auto loan, there isn't anything more that you can do right now except let the time pass.  After some time has passed, maybe check some prequal sites to see if anything pops up that is unsecured.  GL!

Message 3 of 4
UNH96

Thank you both. I ended up pretty much burning everyone, CaptialOne, Chase, Discover and Citi!  It's good to know I'm heading the right direction, thanks.

BK7 discharged 8/2018
Fico 8 11/20: EX 675 | TU 675 | EQ 684
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.