Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding help!

I cancelled my Equifax credit report last month (I was on the monthly plan to get my credit report and score).  I decided to try MyFico last night.  I was happy to see that my scores looked a little better than I had thought (well except for Equifax).  599 Equifax, 640 TU, and 634 Experian. I disputed some items a few months ago and it looks like the Verizon that I opened in September 2009 has changed the most.  Verizon shows this:  REVOLVING (?) on all bureaus 

Equifax: OPEN $0 Balance / Collection Account / lates : 0 

TU: CLOSED $0 Balance / Payment after charge off-collection / lates: 0

Experian: CLOSED $0 Balance / account legally paid in full for less than full balance / lates: 1 90+ day in Feb 2014

I neglected to pay this in 2012...so not sure how I showed up with a late payment in Feb 2014.  I settled for less than full balance in Feb 2014.  I don't know why one bureau shows OPEN and the others show CLOSED.  What do I do about this one? I don't want it to show a late payment across all bureaus, so afraid I'm going to open a can of worms! I disputed this item across all bureaus and now this 90+ day late shows up.  I think TU is the only one reporting correctly.  

Next problem:
Applied Bank....ugh, hate this company with a passion.  Six years ago, my ex husband and I were having problems.  We separted our checking accounts and were pretty much in the process of separating.  He came by our home to get some things one night, and he apparently wrote down my account information from my checkbook.  A few days later my bank account was in the negative.  Because I was only living on my income I couldn't pay my credit cards for a couple of months prior.  The minimum payment was $300 something dollars by this point.  He had his mother or some other female call in to Applied Bank and authorize a payment from my checking account.  I called Applied Bank and they were so very rude and unhelpful.  The representative told me that I was definitely the one who called in and authorized the payment.  I said absolutley NOT.  That $300 something dollars was all the money I had for my son and I to survive on til I got my next paycheck which was two weeks away.  I requested the phone # that was made to make the payment, and the call in number she gave me was from a cell phone that I had disconnected a few years prior.  I was so mad.  I didn't know what to do.I was able to go to the bank and got them to issue a stop payment.  It took a few days for everything to get sorted out. Fast forward to now, Equifax deleted them from my credit report when I disputed some of the info about the dates.  They didn't show any late payments..

Equifax: Not on credit report

REVOLVING ON TU: CLOSED / lates: 0 / payment after charge off-collection

REVOLVING ON Experian: CLOSED /  lates: 1- 30; 1- 60; 26- 90 (HOLY COW) / account legally paid in full for less than full balance

I don't want to open a can of worms on this one either!  HELP!!   

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding help!

@Anonymous wrote:

I cancelled my Equifax credit report last month (I was on the monthly plan to get my credit report and score).  I decided to try MyFico last night.  I was happy to see that my scores looked a little better than I had thought (well except for Equifax).  599 Equifax, 640 TU, and 634 Experian. I disputed some items a few months ago and it looks like the Verizon that I opened in September 2009 has changed the most.  Verizon shows this:  REVOLVING (?) on all bureaus 

Experian: CLOSED $0 Balance / account legally paid in full for less than full balance / lates: 1 90+ day in Feb 2014

I neglected to pay this in 2012...so not sure how I showed up with a late payment in Feb 2014.  I settled for less than full balance in Feb 2014.  I don't know why one bureau shows OPEN and the others show CLOSED.  What do I do about this one? I don't want it to show a late payment across all bureaus, so afraid I'm going to open a can of worms! I disputed this item across all bureaus and now this 90+ day late shows up.  I think TU is the only one reporting correctly.  

Next problem:
Applied Bank....ugh, hate this company with a passion.  Six years ago, my ex husband and I were having problems.  We separted our checking accounts and were pretty much in the process of separating.  He came by our home to get some things one night, and he apparently wrote down my account information from my checkbook.  A few days later my bank account was in the negative.  Because I was only living on my income I couldn't pay my credit cards for a couple of months prior.  The minimum payment was $300 something dollars by this point.  He had his mother or some other female call in to Applied Bank and authorize a payment from my checking account.  I called Applied Bank and they were so very rude and unhelpful.  The representative told me that I was definitely the one who called in and authorized the payment.  I said absolutley NOT.  That $300 something dollars was all the money I had for my son and I to survive on til I got my next paycheck which was two weeks away.  I requested the phone # that was made to make the payment, and the call in number she gave me was from a cell phone that I had disconnected a few years prior.  I was so mad.  I didn't know what to do.I was able to go to the bank and got them to issue a stop payment.  It took a few days for everything to get sorted out. Fast forward to now, Equifax deleted them from my credit report when I disputed some of the info about the dates.  They didn't show any late payments..

REVOLVING ON Experian: CLOSED /  lates: 1- 30; 1- 60; 26- 90 (HOLY COW) / account legally paid in full for less than full balance

Hi Ashley.

Don't know if I can help, but will try.  Is the information about Verizon correct?  If so, then have you tried to GW them?  One of the dangers of disputing information is that they can come back and add stuff they missed before and it can negatively affect our scores.  You can check the forum to see what strategies others have used to GW Verizon.   

As for Applied Bank, I'm not sure where the problem exist?  Is the acct showing on TU and EX and not EQ?  Or is the information that you listed related to Verizon?  Additional clarification is appreciated.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Next problem:

Hi Ashley.

Don't know if I can help, but will try.  Is the information about Verizon correct?  If so, then have you tried to GW them?  One of the dangers of disputing information is that they can come back and add stuff they missed before and it can negatively affect our scores.  You can check the forum to see what strategies others have used to GW Verizon.   

As for Applied Bank, I'm not sure where the problem exist?  Is the acct showing on TU and EX and not EQ?  Or is the information that you listed related to Verizon?  Additional clarification is appreciated.

Thank you for replying....Yes, I have tried to GW Verizon and have contacted the Executive Office.  They emailed me and told me that everything was reporting correctly. What I can't figure on Verizon is why one bureau shows late payment and the other one doesn't.  MyFico doesn't show the date.  It's obvious I had late payments but for it to only report one and doesn't show the date seems strange to me.  You are correct, I don't want to just dispute without a true cause.  I'm merely trying to figure out what to do. Do I have a case to have it completely removed? Is it a violation of the credit reporting laws to report differently across each bureau?  

Applied Bank problem is relatively the same....I have 26 late payments.  Last payment made in 2010 and last late showing was Feb 2014 when I settled the debt.  It was listed on my credit report as a charge off earlier this year and I had a mortgage broker tell me that I needed to dispute the debt.  DUMB IDEA.  So now, it shows revolving. Yes, it is only on TU and EX since I disputed the info.  

Thank you for your help.  I'm just trying to get into a position to get our family a home.  Nothing too lavish, just something we can call our own.  Cleaning up my credit will help me achieve this dream!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Next problem:

Hi Ashley.

Thank you for replying....Yes, I have tried to GW Verizon and have contacted the Executive Office.  They emailed me and told me that everything was reporting correctly. What I can't figure on Verizon is why one bureau shows late payment and the other one doesn't.  MyFico doesn't show the date.  It's obvious I had late payments but for it to only report one and doesn't show the date seems strange to me.  You are correct, I don't want to just dispute without a true cause.  I'm merely trying to figure out what to do. Do I have a case to have it completely removed? Is it a violation of the credit reporting laws to report differently across each bureau?  

Applied Bank problem is relatively the same....I have 26 late payments.  Last payment made in 2010 and last late showing was Feb 2014 when I settled the debt.  It was listed on my credit report as a charge off earlier this year and I had a mortgage broker tell me that I needed to dispute the debt.  DUMB IDEA.  So now, it shows revolving. Yes, it is only on TU and EX since I disputed the info.  

Thank you for your help.  I'm just trying to get into a position to get our family a home.  Nothing too lavish, just something we can call our own.  Cleaning up my credit will help me achieve this dream!

Thanks for responding.

I have a similar situation with Santander where they have 1 30 day late on 1 report, but not the other two.  Disputing it could result in Verizon coming back and correcting their error, then it would be on all 3 reports.  Continue to try to GW them.  As for Applied Bank, what was your original DOFD?  When was the account charged off?  Was it sent to collection or did they do the collection in-house (not familiar with this bank).  When this account was settled, what was the agreement made with you by them and was it made in writing.  I would look for a different mortgage banker since the debt was settled and GW efforts were tried, but not successful.  Are you trying for an FHA mortgage or one through a local bank?

Message 4 of 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

To be c;ear. you accrued derogs on your credit cards because your bank account was the subject of identity theft, thus leaving you without hte $ to pay?

The delinqiuent credit card debt was then paid, but derogs remain?

What are the dates of the reported monthly delinquencies?

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

To be c;ear. you accrued derogs on your credit cards because your bank account was the subject of identity theft, thus leaving you without hte $ to pay?

RobertEG,

Does OP have any recourse with CFPB since the account was charged off, then settled?  Her disputing the account resulting in the change in status on EX to 26 90 day lates. 

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Next problem:

Hi Ashley.

Thanks for responding.

I have a similar situation with Santander where they have 1 30 day late on 1 report, but not the other two.  Disputing it could result in Verizon coming back and correcting their error, then it would be on all 3 reports.  Continue to try to GW them.  As for Applied Bank, what was your original DOFD?  When was the account charged off?  Was it sent to collection or did they do the collection in-house (not familiar with this bank).  When this account was settled, what was the agreement made with you by them and was it made in writing.  I would look for a different mortgage banker since the debt was settled and GW efforts were tried, but not successful.  Are you trying for an FHA mortgage or one through a local bank?

Right, i don't want that to happen!! I don't need anymore derogs!

DOFD for Applied Bank I believe would be listed as the same day the account was closed which was 1/2010 per my credit report.  Charge off as of July 2010.  I settled in 2014, in writing that I would pay a set amount, but nothing that stated they would remove from credit report.  It was collection department within Applied Bank.  I'm going probably for a USDA loan (rural 100% financing - I live in this type of area). 

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Somewhat true, I didn't have enough money to make my monthly payment. I got 60 days past due and was slammed with late fees which ended up causing overlimit fees.  So, it got out of hand fast.  After I was 60 days past due is when my bank account information was stolen by my now ex-husband and he had someone authorize a payment with my account info on my credit card - also I should note, he was NOT on this credit card and was not an authorized user, nor was he on my personal bank account.  I did a "customer not authorized draft" with my bank.  They got the money back and opened me a new bank account.  After having dealt with Applied Bank on the phone and they were so rude, I decided I wasn't sending a dime because they didn't believe my story that I was NOT the one who called to make the payment. At the time, I thought, "they could just screw me with this all over again."  I didn't file a police report or anything about my bank info being stolen.  Years later, Feb 2014, I settled the debt in writing. No notes of having anything removed from my credit report

Dates of reported delinquencies on Experian:

30 day late - one time -  doesn't show date

60 day late - one time - doesn't show date

90+ days late - Feb 2014, Jan 2014, Dec 2013, Oct 2013, Sept 2013, Aug 2013, July 2013, June 2013, May 2013, Apr 2013, Mar 2013, Feb 2013, Jan 2013, Dec 2012, Nov 2012, Oct 2012, Sept 2012, Aug 2012, Jul 2012, June 2012, May 2012, April 2012, March 2012, Feb 2012, Jan 2012

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

Somewhat true, I didn't have enough money to make my monthly payment. I got 60 days past due and was slammed with late fees which ended up causing overlimit fees.  So, it got out of hand fast.  After I was 60 days past due is when my bank account information was stolen by my now ex-husband and he had someone authorize a payment with my account info on my credit card - also I should note, he was NOT on this credit card and was not an authorized user, nor was he on my personal bank account.  I did a "customer not authorized draft" with my bank.  They got the money back and opened me a new bank account.  After having dealt with Applied Bank on the phone and they were so rude, I decided I wasn't sending a dime because they didn't believe my story that I was NOT the one who called to make the payment. At the time, I thought, "they could just screw me with this all over again."  I didn't file a police report or anything about my bank info being stolen.  Years later, Feb 2014, I settled the debt in writing. No notes of having anything removed from my credit report

90+ days late - Feb 2014, Jan 2014, Dec 2013, Oct 2013, Sept 2013, Aug 2013, July 2013, June 2013, May 2013, Apr 2013, Mar 2013, Feb 2013, Jan 2013, Dec 2012, Nov 2012, Oct 2012, Sept 2012, Aug 2012, Jul 2012, June 2012, May 2012, April 2012, March 2012, Feb 2012, Jan 2012

So Applied retained the debt, even though it was charged off?

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

So Applied retained the debt, even though it was charged off?

It was charged off in July 2010.  CORRECTION!!  I did state the wrong info here,....I just pulled out my paperwork and I paid Tate & Kirlin Associates (? collection agency?) for the Applied Bank settlement. For some reason I was thinking I paid Applied Bank directly.  Tate & Kirlin never reported to my credit.  Applied Bank is all that is listed on my credit report with all the delinquincies. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.