tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding help!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

To be c;ear. you accrued derogs on your credit cards because your bank account was the subject of identity theft, thus leaving you without hte $ to pay?

The delinqiuent credit card debt was then paid, but derogs remain?

What are the dates of the reported monthly delinquencies?

Somewhat true, I didn't have enough money to make my monthly payment. I got 60 days past due and was slammed with late fees which ended up causing overlimit fees.  So, it got out of hand fast.  After I was 60 days past due is when my bank account information was stolen by my now ex-husband and he had someone authorize a payment with my account info on my credit card - also I should note, he was NOT on this credit card and was not an authorized user, nor was he on my personal bank account.  I did a "customer not authorized draft" with my bank.  They got the money back and opened me a new bank account.  After having dealt with Applied Bank on the phone and they were so rude, I decided I wasn't sending a dime because they didn't believe my story that I was NOT the one who called to make the payment. At the time, I thought, "they could just screw me with this all over again."  I didn't file a police report or anything about my bank info being stolen.  Years later, Feb 2014, I settled the debt in writing. No notes of having anything removed from my credit report

Dates of reported delinquencies on Experian:

30 day late - one time -  doesn't show date

60 day late - one time - doesn't show date

90+ days late - Feb 2014, Jan 2014, Dec 2013, Oct 2013, Sept 2013, Aug 2013, July 2013, June 2013, May 2013, Apr 2013, Mar 2013, Feb 2013, Jan 2013, Dec 2012, Nov 2012, Oct 2012, Sept 2012, Aug 2012, Jul 2012, June 2012, May 2012, April 2012, March 2012, Feb 2012, Jan 2012

So Applied retained the debt, even though it was charged off?

It was charged off in July 2010.  CORRECTION!!  I did state the wrong info here,....I just pulled out my paperwork and I paid Tate & Kirlin Associates (? collection agency?) for the Applied Bank settlement. For some reason I was thinking I paid Applied Bank directly.  Tate & Kirlin never reported to my credit.  Applied Bank is all that is listed on my credit report with all the delinquincies. 

Glad you were able to find this information.  I'm not sure if you need to dispute this with Applied Bank or the CRA?  Can anyone confirm OP's next step?

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

kaykay65 thank you so much for all of your help.  It is greatly appreciated.  I looked over my old credit reports and don't see any signs of Tate & Kirlin...granted my old credit reports are about 30 pages long.....LOL

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

kaykay65 thank you so much for all of your help.  It is greatly appreciated.  I looked over my old credit reports and don't see any signs of Tate & Kirlin...granted my old credit reports are about 30 pages long.....LOL

Don't know if I helped or not, but your welcome Ashley. Smiley Happy Continue to review your posting over the next few days as others with more experience will probably offer additional insight. 

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

BUMP.... any help greatly appreciated! :smileyhappy:

BUMP.... any help greatly appreciated! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BUMP.... any help greatly appreciated! :smileyhappy:

What I am seeing here is you in fact were 90 days plus late until you settled it and they have the right to report all the lates, disputing has some unwanted side effects at time. You need to begin a GW letter campaign to the paid OCs that are reporting COed accounts asking for foregiveness and removal of the entire account and continue until you get the GW or the account is excluded.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BUMP.... any help greatly appreciated! :smileyhappy:

@gdale6 wrote:

What I am seeing here is you in fact were 90 days plus late until you settled it and they have the right to report all the lates, disputing has some unwanted side effects at time. You need to begin a GW letter campaign to the paid OCs that are reporting COed accounts asking for foregiveness and removal of the entire account and continue until you get the GW or the account is excluded.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

thanks gdale6!  I appreciate your assistance.  I didn't know if I had a case since reporting differently across the bureaus. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.