cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding like most here but I am 25 and the damage is not too bad

tag
icey

Rebuilding like most here but I am 25 and the damage is not too bad

I am trying to get a home loan and they said my scores were as of 2/21/13 [EQ 606 (equifax beacon 5.0 facta) <source]    [EX 616 (experian fair isaac v2) <source].   [TU 620 (trans union fico risk score classic 04) <source]  I need the 640 (meadian score) so my loan officer advised I pay some old accounts and collections and I did that.  I disputed some things on all CRA's (two in process still).  some things have updated and I decided to check myFico instead of my CK fako of 643.  I was surprised to see that my EQ is 661.  I haven't paid to see my TU because I am pretty sure it is above EQ as it usually is.  Can I take this 661 at face value due to me in process with some disputes?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Rebuilding like most here but I am 25 and the damage is not too bad

It depends on what you disputed.  When it is an OC account certain aspects of the TL are removed during scoring.  Your score could have went up or down.  When the dispute is resolved, your score could do the same depending on what actions are taken.

Most of the time lenders will make you have all the dispute comments removed before granting a loan.

Message 2 of 3
icey

Re: Rebuilding like most here but I am 25 and the damage is not too bad

it was some collections that I did pay.  One utility bill that I have not paid and those were the only negative things.  I do have a lot of inquiries though (15) Which many will fall off this time next year. On my dispute check.  It shows that disputes pending so I will just watch it again after the dispute is closed on 4/20/13. Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.