Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding my credit. Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding my credit. Help

My expedia score is.478 I can't even get a secured.credit card. I'm kind of at a standstill what can I do to help build my credit.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding my credit. Help

Welcome to the myFico forums!

Please check the sticky thread at the top of the forum, 'Helpful Rebuilding Threads' and inside of it is a link to a chart showing many of the secured cards that are available.

Some of them do not require a credit check, so if your deposit clears, you're in.

Also, make no new baddies on your credit and just paying on time will help, and the ageing of your current listings will help too.

GL

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, just reviewed the list and it doesnt readily indicate the ones that do not require a credit check.

From memory, I believe Open Sky is one that does not check.

You might also try the FingerH ut rebulding or starter program too.

HTH

eta:  If you are Ok in the Chex Systems, you could also try SDFCU, Sate Department Federal CU online.  The 'who can join link' will show you how to join.  You can make a deposit of like 250 and then ask for a secured card.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

OpenSky definitely does not pull credit, and it reports quickly to all 3 bureaus. Requires a minimum of $200 to open and has a $29 annual fee. Good luck on your journey.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open sky and sdfcu don't check credit. Unless you burned them recently Capital one is easy to work with, but they do pull all 3. You may have to call them for a recon though. I did. When I first started out, I couldn't even get a green dot prepaid card through Walmart. True story. But now I have a secured card, and an unsecured card through Cap1, checking and savings through sdfcu with an eye towards a card through them, several store cards, and just got a gas card for Marathon in the mail yesterday. It takes a little effort, but you can rebound those scores faster than you think.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.