Is the charge off amount for the vehicle deducting the amount the vehicle sold for at auction? You say the charge off amount was $14,052. Was this the amount before the vehicle was sold at auction? Make very sure that you are paying the correct amount for this charge off. The company is required to deduct whatever the vehicle sold at auction from your overall debt to them. Make sure they deducted that $7000 from what you owe them as that is a huge chunk of change.
Medical collections are some of the easiest to get removed from your CRs, here are the steps that you should follow to address them:
1. Call the OC and see if insurance can be billed, (or-rebilled), collections ultimately paid by insurance get removed per new rules that came from CRAs settlement with 22 state AGs. If not then
2. see if you qualify for Charity Care, if not then
3. ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
4. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
5. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help, this process cannot be discussed in any forum of myFico.