cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding my credit - how to fix these accounts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding my credit - how to fix these accounts?

Hi all, I’ve been an occasional lurker of the forum for years. Very long story short I got married and was the only one with good credit so everything went in my name, over the years it got ruined by bad financial decisions/priorities, financial hardships, extreme depression anxiety (scared to face my credit situation). I am now out of that relationship and overcoming my own issues and I am ready to clean this mess up. I just don’t know how. I’ve seen posts before about asking creditors to remove negatives from credit reports which is what I’m interested in doing if possible!! (Btw my credit score is very low 500s)

Here is what’s currently affecting my credit:

MB Financial Bank (recreational vehicle)
Opened - 11/30/13
Closed - 09/30/14
Last Updated - 03/29/19
Last payment made - 05/15/14
Charge Off/Pay Status - $14,052
Remarks - Maximum Delinquency 90 days past due date 08/14 for $1202
High Balance - $15,283 from 03/17-03/19
Past Due- $13,273
Removal Date - 05/22

Balances at each reporting past 3 years:
03/17 - $12,759
03/18 - $13,841
03/19 - $14,833

The balances increase every month they report - why is this? The ATV was repo’d, about 2 years after repo I received a letter saying it was sold in auction for $7k (somewhere in that amount) the date of the auction it was sold was a year prior to me getting the letter. Which I thought was odd it took them a year to send me a letter. Since then I haven’t heard anything no collection calls nothing. This is my biggest credit negative right now and I have no idea how to fix this or what to do? I do not have this kind of money to pay it.

Navy Federal Credit Union (Personal loan)
Opened - 09/09/13
Closed - 02/09/15
High Balance - $8,863
Payment Received - $9,416
Pay Status - Account 120 days past due date
Removal Date - 10/21

Navy Federal Credit Union (Personal Loan)
Opened - 01/06/14
Closed - 02/09/15
High Balance - $8,330
Payment Received - $8,712
Pay Status - Account 120 days past due date
Removal Date - 10/21

Fell behind on both loans, paid both in full. Anyone have experience with Navy Federal removing items from credit? I would like to see if they would remove them but not sure how. A couple years ago I tried to open a new account with them and they would not let me, I am currently not interested in opening an account with them.

AMEX (Credit Card)
Opened - 10/20/13
Closed - 08/16/14
Credit Limit - $2,000
Status - Account paid in full, was charged off
Remarks - Settled less than full balance
Removal Date - 01/21

Became delinquent on account, I received a letter with a settlement offer so I paid the agreed amount. Is it possible to have this removed from my credit?

Barclays (Credit Card)
Opened - 11/27/12
Closed - 12/17/14
Paid - 02/11/15
Charged Off - $1,342
Credit Limit - $2,500
Remarks - Settled less than full balance

Same situation as my AMEX card, took the settlement offer. Any experience having them remove from credit?

Nordstrom / TD Bank (TD Bank)
Opened - 11/12/15
Closed - 04/07/16
Last Updated - 08/23/19
Charge Off - $216
Credit Limit - $300
Removal Date - 01/23

Target / TD Bank (Credit Card)
Opened - 10/29/15
Closed - 07/26/16
Last Updated - 08/27/19
Charge Off - $573
Removal Date - 12/22

Anyone have any experience with TD Bank?? I have never spoke to them regarding either account. Is it possible to do anything with these accounts? I have the money to pay the balances if that will help my credit.

JPMCB Auto Finance/ Chase Bank (Auto Loan)
Opened - 05/20/13
Closed - 06/28/15
Amount - $15,118
Pay Status - Account 30 days past due date
Remarks - Max Delinquency 60 days 07/14
Removal Date - 05/22

Truck was paid off and loan was current at time of payoff. Would they consider removing these from my credit?

SMCS - collection agency/attorney (Medical bill)
Placed for collection - 01/26/17
Original Creditor - Pediatric Care Center
Past Due - $196
Pay Status - In collection

This is a medical bill for my child, began taking my child here for dr appointments and was never asked to pay a copay fee. After several months and drs visits I start getting bills, I spoke to the office manager who said the previous receptionist was not collecting copay fees that she is no longer there and that that’s what the bill is for (unpaid copay fees). I was furious and quit going there. I get it’s a bill I guess I was meant to pay but I went months being told I didn’t have a copay fee and then hit with a bill of all of them saying I owe it. I don’t know what to do about this!! I have the money to pay it if need be.

I got my free credit reports from all 3 agencies, these are what I need to work on. I’ve thought about filing bankruptcy I don’t know if that’s the best choice mainly because of that ATV charge Off. My goal is to buy a home as soon as possible, but I understand that takes time too. Thank you for your time and in advance for any responses and advice!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding my credit - how to fix these accounts?

Is the charge off amount for the vehicle deducting the amount the vehicle sold for at auction?  You say the charge off amount was $14,052.  Was this the amount before the vehicle was sold at auction?  Make very sure that you are paying the correct amount for this charge off.  The company is required to deduct whatever the vehicle sold at auction from your overall debt to them.  Make sure they deducted that $7000 from what you owe them as that is a huge chunk of change.

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rebuilding my credit - how to fix these accounts?

Medical collections are some of the easiest to get removed from your CRs, here are the steps that you should follow to address them:

1. Call the OC and see if insurance can be billed, (or-rebilled), collections ultimately paid by insurance get removed per new rules that came from CRAs settlement with 22 state AGs. If not then
2. see if you qualify for Charity Care, if not then
3.  ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
4. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
5. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help, this process cannot be discussed in any forum of myFico.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.