Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding my credit

tag
black_citi
Established Contributor

Rebuilding my credit

After some years being lazy with my credit and letting it spiral out of control, it's time for me to take control.

I currently have 6 cards. All of which (but one) I am going to keep forever. 

I owed (from June 2019) over $32k. I never filed BK and never will. I feel since I spent the money, I should pay it back. I also had a personal loan that I took a $9100 loan on back in July 2017 too. My Venture card has one 30 day late payment back in Feburary 2019. Although I am not happy about that, I will just hold that "L". It's just one.

As of today, September 2, 2019, I paid in full 3 of my 6 credit cards and paid in full the remaining balance on that personal loan ($4000). I will have 2 more of my cards paid off by November and the final card will be paid in full by Feburary 2020. 

I want to be more active on this forum as well. I updated my signature and scores. I use Mint to keep track of all my finances and I am paying the monthly premium to keep track of all 3 of my scores for now. 

I drive trucks OTR so I have no expenses at home and my car is paid off which I did back in 2017. 

I've been in the credit game since 2004 but made MANY mistakes along the way. 

Make more, spend less. I am living by that code and I only speak for myself. No one else. 

I just wanted to share my experiences is all. Smiley Happy

Make More, Spend Less
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: Rebuilding my credit

Nice job @black_citi! Kudos to you for taking back control and owning your future. We’ve all made mistakes (some of them negligible in my case lol), but whatever. Onward and upward!

Nice progress and I’m sure you’ll get these all hammered out in no time!
Message 2 of 5
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@black_citi wrote:

Make more, spend less. 

Welcome.  I like it.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe in that now also. Make more spend less unfortunately I have a spouse that thinks just because I make more now that I am going to spend more. I am getting too old to be in “stupid” debt. So definitely kudos to you.
Message 4 of 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success! Job well done.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.