Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding my credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding my credit

Thank you for the kind words. Yes it significantly improves at two years but still hurts for 7. And I needed that chart and evidence and thread! I miss CGID and BBS. I’ll respond so we can avoid the hijack! 😉
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies, guys!

I'll work on Merrick first thing in the morning. It was last updated in Nov 2014, so am I correct in thinking that my seven years will be up after the last update? 

I'll wait the others out in the meantime. Is there anything else I should be doing? 

Message 12 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Very interesting were these isolated lates? But I don’t understand why a charge off would not be worse considering if you’ve got a 120 late, it could’ve been paid and that’s why it didn’t go further whereas the CO they have written it off and it went further.

That’s awesome chart, do you happen to have the thread? I would love to read it!

@Anonymous  I think this is the thread for it from ABCD2199.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/9ODay-Late-Removed-from-EX-No-Point-Gain/m-p/5109856

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Time-Since-Late/td-p/5138396

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the replies, guys!

I'll work on Merrick first thing in the morning. It was last updated in Nov 2014, so am I correct in thinking that my seven years will be up after the last update? 

I'll wait the others out in the meantime. Is there anything else I should be doing? 

Should be 7 years from DoFD, not date last reported. So use the date that has the first late that is followed by a string of lates and then ends with the CO. Should be something like 30d, 60d, 90d, 120d, CO, or something similar.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @AllZero you actually even added one more!
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous No. Seven year. Begins from the DOFD. To acquire that pull your credit reports from annualcreditreport.com. It will either say DOFD or date it will be removed. 

If it's the former add seven years and 180 days for the max penalty; if it is the latter, I believe it can go no longer than 180 days from it.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect! I had forgotten about annualcreditreport. Shows it'll be off May 2021. So just another year! 

Thanks! 

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use your time to prepare wisely and welcome to the forum by the way!
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.