cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding score and secured cc?

tag
ja23

Rebuilding score and secured cc?

Hi I'm new to the forums and have started on reading and researching on building my credit. I read about getting a secured cc to rebuild my credit. So first off here is my credit history. 

score from myfico. equifax: 646

1 boa cc: as an authorized user in good standing

cap1: charge-off history of (1)30 day, (1)60 days, (1)90 days, and (2) 120 days late payment and this was all  early 2012

city: closed/pay account as agreed history of two 60 days and one 90 day late payment in 2008

student loan: in good standing no late payments

macys: pay account as agreed. prior delinquency 02-2009. 

1 inquiry: at&t 09-12

my first two cc were obtained in 2007. And my husband just added me as authorized user on his boa cc few months ago. Looking at my credit report in september it says under bank of america that "credit limit is not reported" and that they used the highest balance. So is that affecting my score? Or boa will not report the credit limit because im an authorized user? the balance on our account is 3k and the cc limit is 9k, on the report the limit listed is 4k which was the highest balance on his account. 

I also have a checking account with boA. Since I'm an authorized user for one of their cc will that affect my application for their secured cc? Or should I try wells fargo?

I have not tried to write any gw letters, I'm just starting to read more about it from the forum

any input will be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ja23

Re: Rebuilding score and secured cc?

*bump*
Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Being an AU shouldn't affect anything else you may have with them.

What type of card is the BoA, revolving or open ended?  How does it report on your husbands report?

Message 3 of 4
ja23

his cc is revolving. we called boa today, they asked for my ssn and dob. they said that the only thing that was updating was the balance and not the limit so they said they they will fix it and the changes will effect in 24hrs and will update on the credit bureau's in 15 to 30days 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.