cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding using NFCU, my SL wasn't what I expected...

tag
samCreditRising
New Member

Rebuilding using NFCU, my SL wasn't what I expected...

This is my first post so forgive me in advance Smiley LOL

 

I started with Navy Fed January 2023 and opened a checking and savings account and set majority of my paycheck to direct deposit to Navy Fed. My Fico's were under 600. Started a pledge loan April 1st for $1000 set for 6 month; paid 80% of it off April 5th. 

Received an email offer April 18th for the cashRewards card. I wasn't expecting a SL over $1000 and was going to be content with even a $500 SL for my first credit card with NF. Also, considering the highest CL on any of my cards at this time was $1.1k, I just really wanted to get an unsecured card with NF. 

 

So I applied...and got instantly approved with $11k SL!

 

I literally fell out of my chair when I saw this LOL.

 

This month I set up a Special EasyStart certificate and a SaveFirst certificate in hopes to help along my internal credit score with NF. 

Marked my calendar for 95/3 when I'll be able to request for the initial CLI-but not before applying for a second card like everyone says Smiley Wink

 

DCU is where the rest of my direct deposit goes, waiting on my offer buttons to flip yellow Smiley Wink

 

Waiting on my Fico's and reports to update with my new CC and balances of my other cards since I did BTs onto the new NF CC. Which will bring my overall utilization down considerably and the NF CC still until 9% after BTs. 

 

Shout out to this community! I learn so much on here on a daily basis. Thank you all for all you do!Heart

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: Rebuilding using NFCU, my SL wasn't what I expected...

Great progress on your rebuild. Navy is awesome and they were instrumental in my rebuild. Congrats on your Navy success !

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k | 1 months until BK7 disappears |
( EE from TU & EX )
Message 2 of 14
samCreditRising
New Member

Re: Rebuilding using NFCU, my SL wasn't what I expected...


@Creditwiser wrote:

Great progress on your rebuild. Navy is awesome and they were instrumental in my rebuild. Congrats on your Navy success !


Thank you! Navy for the win!Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 14
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: Rebuilding using NFCU, my SL wasn't what I expected...


@samCreditRising wrote:

@Creditwiser wrote:

Great progress on your rebuild. Navy is awesome and they were instrumental in my rebuild. Congrats on your Navy success !


Thank you! Navy for the win!Smiley Very Happy


No doubt. I can't say enough about how they treated me during a very low point in my life. I was 4 months post DC and recieved a 30k car loan @ 2.9 %. And while my SL for my Visa Rwds was low, it grew very fast and having any non-secured CC post DC was huge win!

 

You're in a good place and it should only get better for you. Congrats again !

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k | 1 months until BK7 disappears |
( EE from TU & EX )
Message 4 of 14
samCreditRising
New Member

Re: Rebuilding using NFCU, my SL wasn't what I expected...


@Creditwiser wrote:

@samCreditRising wrote:

@Creditwiser wrote:

Great progress on your rebuild. Navy is awesome and they were instrumental in my rebuild. Congrats on your Navy success !


Thank you! Navy for the win!Smiley Very Happy


No doubt. I can't say enough about how they treated me during a very low point in my life. I was 4 months post DC and recieved a 30k car loan @ 2.9 %. And while my SL for my Visa Rwds was low, it grew very fast and having any non-secured CC post DC was huge win!

 

You're in a good place and it should only get better for you. Congrats again !


Wow at just 4 months post DC! They really are the bees knees. Congrats to you being in better places than before! I'm on my way with NF Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 14
sznthescore
Established Contributor

Re: Rebuilding using NFCU, my SL wasn't what I expected...

At NFCU "Our members are the mission" Smiley Wink

REBUILDER CARDS




Goal: FICO 700+; (0) zero inquiries (7/2025)
Message 6 of 14
butterpecan
Frequent Contributor

Re: Rebuilding using NFCU, my SL wasn't what I expected...

Congratulations! I just opened chk/sav with them as well. After reading this I am even more pleased to be a member. Go NFCU! Wow, that's a great Kickstart.



Message 7 of 14
Linnaea
Regular Contributor

Re: Rebuilding using NFCU, my SL wasn't what I expected...


Impressive ... Congrats! What is a pledge loan?

 

Message 8 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Rebuilding using NFCU, my SL wasn't what I expected...

Congrats! Nice SL!


Message 9 of 14
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Rebuilding using NFCU, my SL wasn't what I expected...

Congrats on the rebuilding success and approval !   NFCU is one of the best for generous limits and CLIs !! Smiley Very Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.