Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding with no late payments/charge offs/collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding with no late payments/charge offs/collections

Good morning. First and foremost, thank you all for what you do... spreading information to help people is amazing to see. With that being said, long time reader, first time poster. Last year, my wife lost her job due to COVID and I have been stuck paying our credit cards on my own. We have luckily not missed payments like some (unluckier) people we know... but its still taken a toll on my scores -- previously was around 750~ on all 3 major bureaus. I think my general understanding on how to rebuild from here would be to simply pay down my utilization, but I figured I'd ask if anyone had ANY tips or tricks that may help with this process. See below for a snapshot:

EX 627

TU 618

EQ 624

Credit Limit: 75,540

Credit Used: 49,974

Utilization: 66%

Accounts ever late: 0

Open accounts: 8

Collections: 0

Charge offs: 0

Inquiries: 2 (1/21, 2/21)

Average account age: 7.8 years

As previously mentioned, other than paying off my cards, are there any tricks you intelligent people would suggest?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Rebuilding with no late payments/charge offs/collections

If you can list out the accounts like this:

Creditor/Name/ Credit Line/ Balance/ APR

Then we can tackle which account first to last to get your aggregate back under control and out of debt.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.