Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding with stupid collection

tag
ReEducationOfAnEgoiste
New Contributor

Rebuilding with stupid collection

Trying to figure if I should wait for this to fall off, PA SOL is 4 yrs. Has anyone dealt with Jefferson Capital System,  are they easy to PFD?

JEFFERSON CAPITAL SYSTEM
Reported: Jan. 26, 2019
-
$347.00
Needs Attention

Starting Score: 525
Current Score:EX 685 TU 680 EQ 735
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding with stupid collection

Is it completely valid? You could offer to settle and PFD.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get a PFD agreement. Check these threads out, you should be able to.

https://www.google.com/search?q=will+jefferson+capital+delete+after+payment&oq=will+jefferson+capita...
Message 3 of 14
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

@ReEducationOfAnEgoiste wrote:
Trying to figure if I should wait for this to fall off, PA SOL is 4 yrs. Has anyone dealt with Jefferson Capital System,  are they easy to PFD?

JEFFERSON CAPITAL SYSTEM
Reported: Jan. 26, 2019
-
$347.00
Needs Attention

@OP

I have a Jeff-Cap w/Verizon

Jeff-Cap will delete the paid or settled collection from your credit reports IF it is 2 years after the DOFD(Date Of First Delinquency)

I spoke to a rep JUST a few days ago. They offered 40% settlement amount/waiving the balance as satisfied. I told rep to send me the offer in the mail...I even chose the date for the end of FEB. Once it's settled it'll be removed after it's updated(I would imagine?)

If you have the funds(?) and you know the debt is yours(?) and you want the collection gone...IMHO, "if it were me," I call them and offer a settlement amount and be done with it, since it'll be removed anyways, right??!!...again, JMHO...and as always YEMV.

Good Luck

note: my account is STILL within my state's SOL=TX 4yrs

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800

>

I❤️NY
Message 4 of 14
ReEducationOfAnEgoiste
New Contributor

I don't really acknowledge this is my debt, or the dates reported on it.

Message 5 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Welcome to the forum. Do you owe Verizon $ yes or no? If so follow that thread. Quicker you pay it off (hopefully PFD) the quicker the clock starts to fall off your report. Otherwise it will just keep updating each month. $300 isnt really that much to pay. Good Luck!

Message 6 of 14
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

@OP

If you feel that strongly about the debt not being “your debt?” Then, your next approach will be to send a DV(Debt Validation) Letter.(you can search the Forums here for DV Letters)

Keep us posted on your decision on how you decided to handle this collection.

Good Luck

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800

>

I❤️NY
Message 7 of 14
ReEducationOfAnEgoiste
New Contributor

Thank you all for your suggestions I will post the outcome.

Message 8 of 14
joltdude
Senior Contributor

If you can afford to pay it, just work out a PFD... the deletion is worth it..... going through the motions with the DV isn't likely to work..... 

Good luck

-J

Message 9 of 14
biglista88
Regular Contributor

I have personally delt with Jefferson’s Capital very recently. I paid 40% of the total balance and the account was considered paid in full. Sent a DV letter a month later and ultimately they removed the collection from all 3 bureaus! Total time frame ,about 3 months.

They also sent me an offer for a “guaranteed credit card”( as part of their rewards program). It’s called the Emblem card from bank of Missouri.
REBUILD STARTED (AGAIN) 9/1/2023

Current Scores 4/4/24

“Breathing new life into a dead credit file”
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.