Not applicable

Re: Rebulding Credit Should I take a secured Card Offer

I dont know how to find the pre qualify app

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a classic platinum with them already should I try for the quicksilver also?

Absolutely, apply for the Quicksilver One. Easier to qualify for. In six months call to get your cards upgraded.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

you all are awesome? you were absolutely correct about the quicksilver they approved me for $500.00 Thank you!

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would pass on the USAA secured card.  There are others that don't require you to lock up your money for two years and will unsecure after 9-12 months if you manage them and your other cards responsibly.  As far as those Cap 1 cards go, charge them up and pay them off, over and over again each month.  If you do that you'll get nice CLIs through the Credit Steps program.

Message 14 of 16
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Awesome, congrats! Give it few months and you'll get nice CLI Robot wink

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nohting wrong with a CD except low interest!  Try Cap One Quicksilver.  They may give you a card with a low limit and graduate from there.  It's easier to get a regular card and just go up from there than to have to get another & close the old one.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.