Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Judgement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received Judgement

Hi all! So i received a judgement from Lloyd & McDaniel for a Barclay card with almost $3000 on it. They won the judgment but haven’t attempted to collect yet. This was about 6 months ago maybe. I am worried about my bank account being levied but I am able to pay them $100 a month. Is it worth it to try to call? Will they levy if I call and ask to pay $100 a month? I’m currently in school so my parents are helping with it and my fiancé is covering bills. I don’t have a lot in my account but they could take my rent money or car payment. Any help is appreciated.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Received Judgement

Until you make payment arrangements on the judgment, if your state allows the levying of a bank account keep next to nothing in it. Yes you need to call the current owner of the judgment and make payment arrangements.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can they levy me after we’ve made payment arrangements? Do you think they will accept $100 a month?
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for all the questions, after the judgement was won, is the court the owner? or still Lloyd and McDaniel?
Message 4 of 14
collics
Established Contributor

I have a certified letter I have to pick up today from the court

Pretty sure it’s also from L&M
BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 5 of 14
vntrsc
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry for all the questions, after the judgement was won, is the court the owner? or still Lloyd and McDaniel?

The plaintiff was the account.  If Lloyd and McDaniel is a law firm, it simply represented the plaintiff in court just the same as if you were to hire an attorney to represent you in court. 

Who is listed as the plaintiff?

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can’t remember. I don’t have the paper anymore. I’m assuming it is Barclays.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They filed the judgement when I, unfortunately, was assuming I was going to file Ch. 7 and didn’t keep the paperwork. Dumb. 🙄
Message 8 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
They filed the judgement when I, unfortunately, was assuming I was going to file Ch. 7 and didn’t keep the paperwork. Dumb. 🙄

You can get a copy from the court and with an agreement to pay x amount a month levying usually is not a problem but I still would not keep large amounts of money in any account they know about.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they only know about an account if I pay with that account? Or will they find another account I have? Sorry for all the questions. I will call the court today and try to set it up.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.