Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received NCO Financial Systems Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received NCO Financial Systems Collection

I received a collection letter from NCO Financial Systems containing the following information:

Creditor: AT&T Mobility

Account #:

Regarding: Past Due Balance

Principal: $535.75

Interest: $0.00

Collection Charges: $96.43

Costs: $0.00

Total Balance: $632.18

I want to avoid having this reported.

1. Should I pay the total balance in full since they have not reported to any credit bureaus yet?

2. Should I send a check, pay online, or any other suggestion for form payment?

3. How do I ensure that this does not show up on any of my credit reports both from AT&T and NCO?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received NCO Financial Systems Collection

Send them a pay for not reporting negotiation letter where you agree to pay by XX/XX/2009 if they agree to not report anything to any credit reporting agency.

Message 2 of 6
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Before paying any balance, I would call up AT&T and see if you can pay them directly rather than NCO. If you can pay the OC, then you can ask to reqest them to recall the account from NCO and see to it that there will be no reporting. You might have to get in reach of the accounts receivable manager in order to achieve this becase customer service reps are majority of the time CLUELESS and dont know what their talking about. But be sure to have that in writing if they are willing to recall the account and not report.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I send a DV letter first or send the negotiation letter without it?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chop: I'll do that ASAP. Thanks! 
Message 5 of 6
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

No problem, keep us updated!
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.