cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received my bad markings removal letter! Now What?

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

Received my bad markings removal letter! Now What?

I had 2 30 day late bad markings on my credit report from Capital One's mistake.  They faxed me a letter stating they will have them removed from the CB's  I would also like to send to the CB's.  Should i dispute them or mail the CB's a letter? I tried faxing my fax machine is not working.

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received my bad markings removal letter! Now What?

Most of the time they will just mail you a lettter stating that they notified cra's to delete.

Message 2 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@glamchick wrote:

I had 2 30 day late bad markings on my credit report from Capital One's mistake.  They faxed me a letter stating they will have them removed from the CB's  I would also like to send to the CB's.  Should i dispute them or mail the CB's a letter? I tried faxing my fax machine is not working.

I would wait 30-45 days and see if Cap 1 follows through with their promise to delete.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Dont involve the CRA at this point.

CRAs delete based on reportings done by the creditor.  They will never delete, if the credtior has not reported a deletion, based on your request.

If the credtior does not honor their agreement to report a deletion to the CRA, then my next action would be to file a direct dispute with the creditor under FCRA 623(a)(8).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.