cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received response from CA after contacting the Maine consumer protection agency

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Received response from CA after contacting the Maine consumer protection agency

This was in reference to a CA that did not send me adequate validation. I commented about this in another post. Anyways, I contacted the BBB, the NY attorney general office, FTC, Maine consumer protection agency. Today I received a letter from the CA in response to the Maine consumer protection agency's letter to them. Well it seems that they provided the missing information so it like they have validated this debt. They sent a letter that contains the creditor's name, address as well as my Driver's license number and the service address. This was for an electrical service provider. I have sent a letter to the OC vice-president of customer services but I do not think that they will respond to it. Looks like I'm going to have to settle for a paid CA account on my CR. The good news is that it will only be there for two more years. The CA will not agree to a PFD. They told me it makes a mockery of the credit reporting system. Smiley Sad I do not agree with the CA's statement.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.