cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received response to OC letter. Not happy at all.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Received response to OC letter. Not happy at all.

I sent the OC Letter to Applied Bank and received this response today:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thank you for contacting Applied Bank's Customer Service Department.  We appreciate having this opportunity to serve you.

We have received your request disputing the information appearing on your credit report.  Our records indicate the above account was solicited through Telemarketing to the above cardholder, August 19, 1998.  In addition, the above account was charged off for collections May 31, 2002.  Therefore, the above account will reflect as Charged-off with the above balance on your credit profile.

Please be advised in order to comply with Fair Credit Reporting Act we need to report the activities on each account in a manner that our policies allow within the FCRA rules and regulations.  For this reason we are unable to remove the above account.

Our goal at Applied Bank is to provide quality Customer Service.  We appreciate your business and look forward to serving your needs in the future.  Should you require any further information, please contact our Customer Service at (561) 982-9111.

Sincerely,

FOS CSR"  (<--not her real name, of course)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok.  My letter asked for:

"Complete account history, including, all statements, records of all activity, payments, collection attempts, and any charges added for collection activity; In short, any and all documentation pertaining to this account."

She didn't include anything with her letter.  Just the statement that it was opened in '98 and CO in '02.

Do I have a leg to stand on by disputing that she didn't provide any actual account information, other than the amount they claim is owed, open date and CO date?  What should I do now?  I don't remember ever even having an account with Applied Bank.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Received response to OC letter. Not happy at all.

Also wanted to add that this account was on my reports along with Arrow at first.  I disputed the Arrow collection and it was deleted but every time I dispute Applied, it comes back "verified".

Message Edited by shawnette on 05-15-2008 09:42 PM
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

bump.
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Ok, I've drafted a letter to respond.  Does it sound ok?  Suggestions welcome.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Whom It May Concern:

On April 29, I requested an investigation of the above referenced account and the request was received by your offices on May 6.  In my letter, which I have enclosed, I asked for any and all documentation pertaining to this account.  Specifically, I requested records of all account activity including statements, charges, payments and collection attempts. 

On May 15, I received a letter in response from Meryl Beard, a copy of which I have also enclosed for your review.  The response only included the fact that the account was opened via a telemarketing call in August of 1998 and the charge off date. 

It is clear to me that a proper investigation was not conducted, as none of the pertinent information that was specified in the original request was included.  Per FACTA, you are required to conduct an investigation on this account.  Perhaps my first request wasn’t as clear as I thought and therefore I am making a second request for a proper investigation of this account.  With your response, I would like to be sent a complete account history, which would include the following items:

All monthly statements
All payment receipts
All account activity records (charges, credits, etc.)
Records of collection attempts
Any charges added for collection activity

As you are no doubt aware, the letter response sent by Ms. Beard does not constitute investigation results, as the information sent could easily be obtained from my credit report.  In the spirit of good will, I am willing to give you one more opportunity to initiate a proper investigation. You have 15 days in which to provide me with full and proper investigation results, or I will take steps to protect my rights.  If you don't respond with the results of the investigation (as is required per the FCRA), I will assume you have no documentation and were therefore negligent by providing the credit bureaus with inaccurate information and that you will either remove this item from my credit reports or update it to a positive closed status.

Please send all correspondence to:

Shawnette
my addy
my addy

Sincerely,

Shawnette 

Enclosures (2)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.