Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received response....

tag
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Received response....

So I received a reponse from BBB and the CFPB, the company is not admitting to do anything wrong and said they did not violate any rules, I guess this is why they do it, because they aren't familliar with them.  I sent this this DV, they are saying its a dispute even though I've clearly outlined that it is a validation letter (yes a little long but it works for me)

I am sending this letter to you in response to a notice I received from you on (__date__). Be advised, this is not a refusal to pay, but a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that a validation is requested.

This is not a request for "verification" or proof of my mailing address, but a request for validation made pursuant to the above named Title and Section. I respectfully request that your office provide me with competent evidence that I have any legal obligation to pay you.

• What the debt you say I owe was for (credit card, consumer loan, etc.);

• A calculation of all amounts you say I owe;

• Copies of any documents showing that I agreed to pay what you say I owe;

• A copy of any judgment against me, if you have one;

• Proof that the statute of limitations has not expired; and

• Evidence that you are licensed to collect debts in my state.

Until you have provided the above evidence to validate the debt, you may not continue collection

activity, and you may not contact me.

Once you provide the requested documentation, I will require 30 days to investigate the information.

During this time, you must cease collection activity. Do not report negative information to the credit

bureaus during this validation period.

All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter.

There response from CFBP:

This account was closed in our office as a dispute. We have requested bill copies be sent to the consumer and have deleted the credit reporting as a courtesy.

When Diversified Consultants, Inc. was notified of the dispute, we closed the account in our office as a dispute and forwarded that information to the credit bureau and the original creditor. This account was reported to the consumer's credit as a dispute as required by the FCRA.This consumer has also filed a BBB complaint. We responded to it on July 11, 2013.  DCI has not violated the FCRA as the consumer is claiming. As a courtesy to the consumer, we have requested a deletion from the credit reports. In addition, we have requested copies of her bills from the original creditor, Sprint and will forward these to her as soon as we receive them.

Their BBB response:

Thank you for forwarding xxx complaint to our office.  Due to xxx sending in a cease and desist with her complaint and requesting validation the account was closed in our office as a dispute.  Copies of her billing statement have been requested from the client and will be sent to xxx.  As a courtesy, Diversified Consultants has submitted the request for the credit burea deletion.

They have agreed to delete, but they also admit that they have yet to provide my with validation (they don't even have it) and are still saying they didn't violate any laws! Honestly, they seem pissed off that I filed the second complaint with CFPB since they pointed it out to them that I filed a complaint with BBB.  What should I do next?

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Received response....

I'm kinda confused as to what you are still needing? Looks like they deleted their Trade Line. 

Message 2 of 34
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

I'm kinda confused as to what you are still needing? Looks like they deleted their Trade Line. 

Hi DaBears,  I am just making sure there is nothing more that needs to be done on my end? I really don't like that they are trying to say they didn't violate it when there is enough evidence they did.

Message 3 of 34
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Hahaha, no prob. They were probably pissed that you submitted all the complaints and instead of getting sued they decided to delete the trade lines. Keep in mind if they decide to sell the debt to another CA it could pop back up with the CRTP. 

Message 4 of 34
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Exactly! LOL Should I respond anything other than accepting their offer of deletion?  I want to point out that I did not send a dispute, I sent validation, followed guidelines and that they did in fact violate it by reporting without validation.  They broke the law and I don't want to just let them off the hook.

Message 5 of 34
lost22
New Contributor

How long did it take you to hear back from CFPB? I have a couple complaints submitted, and just wondering the process.

Congrats on getting them removed! I'm not sure how to guarantee that they not sell to a new CA... 

Message 6 of 34
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Actually I just submitted on the 9th! It was an extremely fast process, just provide all evidence and information that you have.

Message 7 of 34
lost22
New Contributor

Whoaaa! Haha that's great! In the creidt reporting world of 30-60 days a handful of days is unheard of and very welcome Smiley Very Happy 

Thanks and congrats again!!

Message 8 of 34
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

Exactly! LOL Should I respond anything other than accepting their offer of deletion?  I want to point out that I did not send a dispute, I sent validation, followed guidelines and that they did in fact violate it by reporting without validation.  They broke the law and I don't want to just let them off the hook.

You can talk to a local consumer attorney. Or you can file the suit yourself. Usually about $500.  You are abe to sue up to $1000 per violation. I let my consumer attorney handle everything for me lol. Altho I have 2 CA's in court right now, once that is done I will focus a lot of more time on the forums. Yahoo!!!

Message 9 of 34
goosedog
Regular Contributor

This woildn't be the first CA to buy a junk debt without documentation and they wont be the last. The 2nd and 3rd hand collection agencies usually buy the account, with no supporting documents to go with it. Chase may sell an account to assest, assest may try for 2 years to collect, give up, sell it to ARROW for example, they may try for a year and half, give up, sell it to a low level scumbag agency like westbay. Collection accounts are like a timshare. Everyone wants to sell them off, they look juicy and great at first but the older they get, the less useful they are.

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.