Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Late Payment

tag
OCIL
Valued Member

Recent Late Payment

I took a short break from MyFico back in April this year til this month as I recently became aware of a late payment on my TU report and I will be paying of a large Auto charge off in the next few months. I have paid my open account bills on time for about 2 years now and was considering a mortgage at some point soon in the near future, however I saw a recent late payment when I pulled my CCT all 3 report. My EQ and EXP reports all show 19 months since late, but TU is now updated to 3 months since late. I am not aware of any accounts that I am late on and even went as far as pulling my free TU report for the year and I'm still not finding what account is late. Any ideas on this?

Starting Scores Jun 2015: Eq 556 TU 583 Ex 611
Current Scores 9/25/15: Eq 562 TU 571 Ex 587
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recent Late Payment

Did your score drop? If there was no score change then it is more than likely a glitch in the system and if you are sure you were never late call TU and dispute it.
Message 2 of 6
OCIL
Valued Member

How would I go about a dispute if I don't know which account is reporting late? I'm pretty sure score dropped.
Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Who was the source of the  credit report?

If the payment history profile does not show the delinquency, then the "error" may not be in the actual information in your credit file, but rather the content of the commercial credit report in statement that there is a derog with no support in the payment history profile.

I would begin by contacting the party who produced the commercial report and making inquiry as to their comment.......

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OCIL wrote:

I took a short break from MyFico back in April this year til this month as I recently became aware of a late payment on my TU report and I will be paying of a large Auto charge off in the next few months. I have paid my open account bills on time for about 2 years now and was considering a mortgage at some point soon in the near future, however I saw a recent late payment when I pulled my CCT all 3 report. My EQ and EXP reports all show 19 months since late, but TU is now updated to 3 months since late. I am not aware of any accounts that I am late on and even went as far as pulling my free TU report for the year and I'm still not finding what account is late. Any ideas on this?

Are there any old collections or charge offs on your report? If one of those was updated it will "look" like a recent late.

Message 5 of 6
OCIL
Valued Member

I have an auto charge off from a few years ago. It may appear that they recently "Closed" the account although it has been a charge off since early 2014. The weird thing about it is the account isn't even listed on my TU report. The credit union I had the original loan through only ever reported it to EQ and Ex, however the commercial reports on MyFico and CCT show the account listed but no payment history for TU. Very frustrating as I feel it is hurting certain aspects of my score. Was considering a mortgage in the next year after cleaning up a few collections and that charge off, but this may affect the chances I feel. I will have another post on how to best approach paying off the charge off.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.