Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations on rebuilding.

tag
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

Recommendations on rebuilding.

Hello everyone:

My wife and I filed Chapter 7 June 2019. The estimated DC date is September 13, 2019. We burned a lot of credit cards. I just wanted to see what everyone’s thoughts were on getting a new card when it’s time to start rebuilding. If the creditor has a * next to it, we both burned them.

Thank you,

SCEFU
Wayfair
Amex*
Capital One Bank*
Citi Bank*
Amazon Store Card
Wal-Mart Store Card
Barclay
Avant
Wells Fargo*
Discover*
Chevron
Victoria Secret
Macy’s
Elastic
Merrick*
Target Store Card*
Mattress Firm
Affirm
Citizen’s One*
Cons Home Plus*
Merrick*
First Premier*
First National*
Discover*
Fortivia
Crate and Barrel
First Savings*
Old Navy*
Milestone*
US Bank
King Size
Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Recommendations on rebuilding.

If you didnt hit Cap-1 too hard you might be able to get back in with their rebuilder once your discharge is reported at the CRA and your accounts are all in order reporting IIB. Open Sky will be available with no credit pull, its a secured. Could also check with a local CU to see if they have a secured or even an unsecured rebuilder available. St Department FCU is another option.

Message 2 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Wow...looked like my profile 6 years ago. Thats a lot to burn no doubt. A few suggestions..After your DC , make sure all your reports are reflecting appropriately. Go hang out in the BK section and read the stickies.

After you DC is reflected, and acts and reporting as they should, try the Cap1 prequel, and Kohl's.

If you're in the Commerce Bank geo, you can applied for their secured card. I was approved day of DC with them, but Im in their GEO as well.
Message 3 of 6
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Wow...looked like my profile 6 years ago. Thats a lot to burn no doubt. A few suggestions..After your DC , make sure all your reports are reflecting appropriately. Go hang out in the BK section and read the stickies.

After you DC is reflected, and acts and reporting as they should, try the Cap1 prequel, and Kohl's.

If you're in the Commerce Bank geo, you can applied for their secured card. I was approved day of DC with them, but Im in their GEO as well.

I looked at Commerce Bank and I am not in their area. I am in Las Vegas, Nevada.  Also, I was going to apply for the ones that was not joint and my wife will do the same since they didn't burn them.  I pulled my credit reports today and all the accounts are reporitng in BK.  As soon as it DC, I will check again and then when they all report discharged, I am going to apply. My wife and I opened self builder acccunts and make our first payment soon.  I can't wait to get back on track.  One of the cool parts is our scores have gone up 100 points since BK filing.  I think rebuidling is going to be easy.

Message 4 of 6
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

If you didnt hit Cap-1 too hard you might be able to get back in with their rebuilder once your discharge is reported at the CRA and your accounts are all in order reporting IIB. Open Sky will be available with no credit pull, its a secured. Could also check with a local CU to see if they have a secured or even an unsecured rebuilder available. St Department FCU is another option.

What do you think is "too hard" for Cap 1? I don't think I quality for St Department FCU.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What kind of ability do you think you’ll have to pay back some of the banks you burned? Some, like Amex, will eventually let you back in IF you pay them back in full on what you burned them for. Something to think about.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.