Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering from divorce!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recovering from divorce!

Hi Everyone!
This is my first post here. I have been reading all the awesome information here and it is being so helpul learning from you all. i am planning to get a mortgage in year from now so i want to be proactive, learn and figure out what else i can do improve my score to at least 750 to be able to get a decent interest rate.
I am planning to write GW letters for those bad 2016 tradelines. I am also watching carefully utilization and will keep a little balance in “one” card. What else i can do get there and be able to rebuild my life and get a decent loan? Thank you so much for any help.
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recovering from divorce!

OP the best course it to have 3 revolving lines and 1 installment. Once you open an installment line your scores will improve. Self lender will do.
Try writing GW letters every month until you succeed or until you baddies age. Try searching this forum for a success stories of removal.
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Eric for your reply. The good news is that Cap one just called me saying that they will report the card they didnt report for all 4 years which i have been doing a good job with it. Now im not sure if that will help anything now since its is so late. I kept balance with them to $0 for four years. Hopefully that will help a little bit since i just had a few HP for the new cards i applied. Yes i will start with GW letters. But i want to make sure i do it right. Since i dont have any loans just credit cards i heard here is important to have one.
I just started to read and I am still trying to learn how the Alliant SSL techique works. Do you know if there is now a bank where i can get a loan that works similar to that?
Message 3 of 25
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

welcome to the board.

you will find a ton of helpful info/people here.

sorry to hear about your situation.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you I am feeling very blessed with this forum and generous people here. Ex managed all the finances decisions and nowadays i released that i needed those lessons to be more aware about money and credit score. But from knowing zero about loans, scores etc... this forum here will help me so much in educating myself to be able to manage my own finances and do it better and rebuilt my life. It is very confusing and i am not from here but i am reading a lot. My mind for example is spinning about this loan i should have. Very confused about it. Since i want to get a mortgage in a year im not sure if i get this loan now? or close to when i want to apply for the mortgage? Which credit union to go? Seems like this stuff is a little complicated to do well and scary. I feel stupid sometimes.
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the best way to get valuable information.

Post what you have on your profile.
Example:
Amex $300/2000 Limit
Capital one $200/1500 limit

Collection:
Name balance
Last updated.

Congrats on having your Capital One tradeline updated
Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help. Yes. 
Short sale derogatory:
1-mortgage 90 days late closed

1B- mortgage 120 days late closed

2- Mortgage 120 days late closed
Message 7 of 25
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Your cards look good. Though the 90 and 120 day late will ding for the entire 7yrs. Close to 70-90 points. After 4 yrs they lesson more and more. Your luck with Chase and WF isnt promising. They are not known to remove a 30 day late. So it will be an uphill climb with those 2. GW away and see what happens but dont get your hopes up. As long as they are on your reports. 750 will be a stretch. Soory.

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice cards. Pretty impressive wallet. Your scores will definitely go up once you open an installment.
Do not apply for some time and let your current cards grow.
Overall you will be able to qualify for a lot of things once you let your cards age.
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Omg! that is such bad news 😔so i guess i will start sending these letters asap. In the meantime should i get one loan to help a bit, if it will help? If yes should i go with selflender or SSL?
I have been for the last 3 years paying cards in full and paying everything before due date but seems like is sooo hard to even get close to 700! Even before... all cards i had in my own name always got paid on time since i was 18 years old with my very first card. Learned my lesson.
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.