Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Line Recovery

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Red Line Recovery

Anyone have any dealings with them?  I'm hearing horrible things.  I think they have sent DH a express letter we haven't signed for yet.  I checked UPSP tracking to see where it originated and think its them.  They called on 9-9 and have proof and have never rec'd anything from them in writing.  No calls since, but have called several times before 9-9.  DH has no outstanding debts, we paid them off 3-4 years ago.  I'm wondering if they could be trying to get me through him.  If I can verify its them, should we sign for that letter?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Red Line Recovery

@Anonymous wrote:
Anyone have any dealings with them? I'm hearing horrible things. I think they have sent DH a express letter we haven't signed for yet. I checked UPSP tracking to see where it originated and think its them. They called on 9-9 and have proof and have never rec'd anything from them in writing. No calls since, but have called several times before 9-9. DH has no outstanding debts, we paid them off 3-4 years ago. I'm wondering if they could be trying to get me through him. If I can verify its them, should we sign for that letter?

If it's YOUR debt, they can't send your DH squat-ola. If they do, it's a FDCPA violation. They can only communicate with him if you give the say-so.

Could a medical collection/bill have slipped through the cracks somehow?

Also, remember that if you're cleaning up ya'll's credit, CAs can be vultures -- if they "smell" that you're repairing your credit they'll do their best to hit you up for debts not only too old to report, but out of SoL, too.

We have AFNI whining at us for a debt that's over 20 years old. It's actually kinda funny ... in a sad, sad way. Could that be what Red Line is about, too?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, I don't see anything wrong with signing for it. Signing for a letter isn't an admission of ownership to the debt, and it could give you enough info to start the DV/Cease & Desist process so they don't even have the right to bug you anymore.

Also, you'd want to know if they intend to sue you for a debt. CAs still sometimes do that even if the debt is outside of SoL, banking on the debtor not showing up and thereby winning by default.

I've always believed that "forewarned is forearmed!"

Hopefully, others will chime in if I'm wrong!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I'm afraid of, especially now that we're hopefully seeing some light.  If you google  them, you'll see a line that comes up with a lot of horror stories about their slimey ways.

Now that I've started on my 12 step credit program, I'm leary of everything.  I'm trying real hard not to reage some CO and settlements of my own.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That's what I'm afraid of, especially now that we're hopefully seeing some light. If you google them, you'll see a line that comes up with a lot of horror stories about their slimey ways.
Now that I've started on my 12 step credit program, I'm leary of everything. I'm trying real hard not to reage some CO and settlements of my own.

Darlin', the average CA is slimey and has oodles of horror stories about'em. That's why this forum exists: to give consumers a more equal playing field with those dirty bandits!!! Now, you're here and you'll be fine! Smiley Happy

(vent over)

The best thing for you to do is, I think, sign for the letter and start the DV (debt validation) process. If the debt's too **bleep** old to report, have in their records, or file suit on, they have to delete it and leave you alone.

But it's nothing to get too stressed out about, really. Trust me ... after you've been cleaning up house for a few months, old CAs calling on old debts will just roll off your back, Darlin'. It really will. You'll even get to the point where you just laugh at'em.

But before you get a good chuckle at'em, you have to know what they're whining about! I just did a search on Redline and honestly, they seem to be every bit as pathetic as the worst I've heard about. Did you read where THEY couldn't pay THEIR bills? $60K in the hole!! OMGosh, it's just too funny!!

Seriously, though ... all mean-talking on RR aside ... it'll be okay, it really will. I'll bet you 50 FICO points that BECAUSE they're in the red (no pun intended), they're hitting you up for an eons old debt that they can't even legally holler at you for.

So ... go sign for that letter and tell us what it says (minus the personal info, of course). And we'll help you get through this and write a nice FOAD letter!!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx for the positive insight Smiley Happy

I'm kinda dreading, not knowing exactly who sent it and what it could be for.  DH doesn't handle these things very well.  I've always done the best I could and for all good reasons.  Raised 3 kids and should be relaxing now...   he's going to the PO tomorrow and I have to work, so I hope he doesn't stress out all day long.

I'll check back tomorrow night.  Thx tons!!  Always need someone to talk to that will understand.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update to yesterday's post - OMG, the letter wasn't from them and it was good news.  Sometimes it seems I have to make myself half sick worrying over something to make sure it turns out. 

I'll just wait and see if Red calls again.  Thanks for support!!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Update to yesterday's post - OMG, the letter wasn't from them and it was good news. Sometimes it seems I have to make myself half sick worrying over something to make sure it turns out.
I'll just wait and see if Red calls again. Thanks for support!!

YAY!!! Smiley Happy

Sometimes, when you're credit repairing/rebuilding, it's so nerve-wracking to get strange letters in the mail -- you never know WHO it's from or WHAT it's for! Glad this time (and every time in the future, I hope) was a NICE surprise!! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.