Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redeemed repo, GW letters, and TU credit reporting trouble

tag
Texanncali
Established Member

Redeemed repo, GW letters, and TU credit reporting trouble

I have a redeemed repo on my TU CR that I don’t believe is reporting correctly.

Date updated: 10/05/2012

Last payment made: 10/05/2012

Payment received: $0

Pay status: Current; Paid or Paying as agreed

Date closed: 10/05/2012

High balance: $20,120 from 10/2010 to 3/2011; $20,210 from 06/2011 to 06/2011; $20,120 from 10/2012 to 10/2012

Remarks: Redeemed repo, closed

Obviously the high balance is wrong. The car was repo’d 12/2011. All fees and payments were made and the car was redeemed. Since then, all payments have been on time. But RPO is being shown from 12/2011-9/2012 with the exception of the last month 10/2012 which reads:

Balance: $0

Amount due: $330

Amount paid: $0

Past due: $0

Rating: OK

However, on my EXP CR the TL is reporting in good standing. The status says paid, closed/never late. However, the creditor’s statement says redeemed repo. I have been sending GW letters to the finance company. I can only assume my EXP CR was updated but somehow the TU CR got screwed up.

EQ is reporting payed as agreed, closed or paid account/zero balance. I have a letter from the finance company stating the account was paid in full as of 10/8/2012. I have the title and contract stamped paid. Any suggestions as to how I can have this TL removed or  updated on my TU CR without affecting the EXP and EQ reports?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Texanncali
Established Member

Re: Redeemed repo, GW letters, and TU credit reporting trouble

Bump
Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Even though it was redeemed it can still be reported as a repo.

I don't see anything wrong with the TL.  The high balance has no affect on your score because it is paid and closed.

It might be better not to mess with it.

However, if you wanted that removed/corrected you could send a direct dispute to the OC and have them fix it.  I wouldn't dispute with the CRAs as that could cause a big mess.

Message 3 of 5
Texanncali
Established Member

Thanks Guiness. As you suggested, I think I will leave it alone. 2 out of 3 is better than having the status on all 3 changed to negative. I am lucky that the finance company made the GW adjustment on EQ and EXP. I just finished reading a story of a person, in a similar situation, and the dispute with one CRA turned the TL on the other 2 CR’s negative.

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.