Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refused to sign?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Refused to sign?

I've started helping my friend with her credit and we sent a DV to a company certified last week. The letter came back today "Refused to sign."

Is there anything we can do about that?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Refused to sign?

Send them another letter...not CMRRR...and see what happens...I think they can refuse to sign...I have read that before...
Message 2 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

There is no law that requires acceptance of a CMRRR.  I would keep it handy just in case. 

As the other poster said, send another one, regular mail and see what happens.

Is it a CA or an OC that you are sending these?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send this letter to all CRAs reporting   along with copy of the DV letter  cert paper and GC

Dispute not mine

Your Name
Address
City, State Zip
SS #

TU/EX/EQ
Address
City, State Zip

DATE

RE: Account #_________/Original Creditor’s Name

Dear CRA:

This is a request for deletion of a disputed item. I have attempted to have this allleged debt
verified by the alleged creditor and collection agency to no avail. I am respectfully requesting that
"Collection Agency" do what is legally mandated by the FCRA and FDCPA, and delete the account listing.

Name of Creditor/Agency, Account #_________

On XX XX 08, "Collection Agency" received a demand for validation from me. Attached is a copy of that letter along with the U.S. Post Office return receipt showing they did indeed receive the request and REFUSED to sign for it.

The FDCPA states they must cease collection activity until they have produced verification of the
alleged debt if so requested. As per the FTC, this includes reporting to the credit bureaus, which
they obviously have done illegally. It is quite evident that no such proof of this alleged debt exists
or they would have provided it in the previous X months since it was requested.

As per the FCRA, if no proof of debt exists, it may not be reported to the credit reporting bureaus.
The FCRA also states that the credit reporting agencies must accept written proof from the debtor.
Therefore, I am not asking for an investigation to be done, I am requesting that the entry be deleted
in its entirety as there is no proof of its existence as evidenced by my attached documented proof.
Sincerely,

Your Name

Message Edited by HappyDays on 06-04-2008 11:25 AM
Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I tried this with the CRA and told them the CA refused to validate.  Sent all the appropriate letters, green cards and CMRRR. Their letter said the CA verified the debt with them and that was all they cared about.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

send the CRA  a MOV....they will prob. send a form letter  then you send them an *ITS*  if they do not delete  get an attorney & sue.

First file a complaint  www.ftc.gov
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.