Re: RehabbingANDBlabbing's Rebuild Progress Thread

Was it a hard pull or soft pull? Yes it does help, a bunch, thanks ☺
Message 11 of 35
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Was it a hard pull or soft pull? Yes it does help, a bunch, thanks ☺

There's no pull. You're not really getting a new card, you're just changing how your current account works, so they don't need one. Yet another reason why Discover is bae.

Message 12 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they are sweet over there at disco 😍
Message 13 of 35
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

Over the weekend, I paid off the remaining balance on my AmEx Blue Cash Everyday credit card. This card was in a hardship plan with a fixed monthly payment. I paid it off 3 years ahead of time, which felt really good. I want this card reopened, so today I decided to email the CEO of AmEx and ask for a goodwill reinstatement. I wasn't ever actually late on the card. I had to get reduced payments that I could afford to pay, but I never missed one or was late, so I put this in the email. Hopefully, they will reopen the account. I really want to get the rewards for groceries as well as some of the travel benefits. FINGERS CROSSED PEOPLE!

Message 14 of 35
sjt
Senior Contributor

@RehabbingANDBlabbing wrote:

Over the weekend, I paid off the remaining balance on my AmEx Blue Cash Everyday credit card. This card was in a hardship plan with a fixed monthly payment. I paid it off 3 years ahead of time, which felt really good. I want this card reopened, so today I decided to email the CEO of AmEx and ask for a goodwill reinstatement. I wasn't ever actually late on the card. I had to get reduced payments that I could afford to pay, but I never missed one or was late, so I put this in the email. Hopefully, they will reopen the account. I really want to get the rewards for groceries as well as some of the travel benefits. FINGERS CROSSED PEOPLE!

Amex has a program called Apollo where they reopen the account (with a small CL) after you paid them off. They also have a program called Oasis (recovery card) where they issue you a Optima card after payment. You should inquire about those programs.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 15 of 35
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

@sjt wrote:

Amex has a program called Apollo where they reopen the account (with a small CL) after you paid them off. They also have a program called Oasis (recovery card) where they issue you a Optima card after payment. You should inquire about those programs.

Well AmEx EO said there was no way to get the account reinstated and I couldn't get in touch with anyone about the Optima program. I'll probably just reapply for a different card in about a year after I am done settling all of my accounts and my credit scores will justify getting a new card outright. I say a year because I believe they do blacklist you for 12 months after a payment agreement ends/you pay off the account. 

Message 16 of 35
Harmony12
Frequent Contributor

Starting CK FAKOS 6/28/2018
TU 503
EQ 498
Discover EX 537

FICO 8
7/7/18 05/24/21
EQ 557 701
TU 566 715
EX 514 711

Mortgage Scores FICO 5,4,2
7/7/18 05/24/21
EQ 494 685
TU 480 703
EX 479 693

Goal Score 720
Message 17 of 35
sjt
Senior Contributor

Well AmEx EO said there was no way to get the account reinstated and I couldn't get in touch with anyone about the Optima program. I'll probably just reapply for a different card in about a year after I am done settling all of my accounts and my credit scores will justify getting a new card outright. I say a year because I believe they do blacklist you for 12 months after a payment agreement ends/you pay off the account. 

Sorry you werent able to get reinstated. Try calling Global Collections and see if they can offer you the Optima. Also, if you paid them back for the full amount you are off the blacklist. No 12 month waiting period. Just wait until you get your other cards settled or paid.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 18 of 35
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

Update 1/26/2019:

My Discover It secured graduated today!!!! I got a credit limit increase from $700 to $2,000!!!! I’ve used the card pretty heavily to maximize the cash back bonus and I’ve been paying in full every month (multiple times). They didn’t graduate it until the 10th statement. They probably did so now versus my 7th statement because my TU score went from 613 to 655 after several negative items were deleted. I still have 2 charge off and 1 collection reporting on TransUnion, but it graduated anyway. Thank you Discover!!!!!!
Message 19 of 35
Harmony12
Frequent Contributor

Major congrats on the upgrade. I wondered if you changing the rewards structure would affect your upgrade and CLI. That was a nice CLI also and Discover seems to continue to go grow. I’m going to try to PC my rewards today. Keep us posted on how the 1 year double cash back goes.
Starting CK FAKOS 6/28/2018
TU 503
EQ 498
Discover EX 537

FICO 8
7/7/18 05/24/21
EQ 557 701
TU 566 715
EX 514 711

Mortgage Scores FICO 5,4,2
7/7/18 05/24/21
EQ 494 685
TU 480 703
EX 479 693

Goal Score 720
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.