Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of Derog

tag
FICOMari
Regular Contributor

Removal of Derog

Hello everyone!

Before I found out about these forums I paid off an old medical debt.  I went ahead with the Pre-Hippa process regardless to see if the derog would be investigated and taken off my three CR's.  I checked all three today and Trans Union has completely taken it off my credit report and I hope EX and EQ will follow suit.  My question is, is TU known to take off derogs just to investigate and when they feel they have verified the debt will they add it back on to my credit report??

Thanks in advance for you input!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Removal of Derog

Congrats! As for your question about TU, I have not found that to be the case. The med collection has been deleted and I would not expect it to return. Good work!
Message 2 of 8
FICOMari
Regular Contributor

UPDATE:  All three Credit Bureaus have removed the derog from my reports!!!  My FAKO's went up 20 points! How fantastic!
Message 3 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Right on! Feels great doesn't it!
Message 4 of 8
dilligaf_racing
New Contributor

@FICOMari wrote:
UPDATE:  All three Credit Bureaus have removed the derog from my reports!!!  My FAKO's went up 20 points! How fantastic!

How long did it take for EQ and EX to delete. I just sent my letters and TU deleted immediately. Im hoping the others will do the same.
Fico's TU 613, EQ591, EX615
10-3-08
Message 5 of 8
FICOMari
Regular Contributor

Dilligaf,

The same thing with me, TU removed it immediately and EX and EQ removed it one week later.
Message 6 of 8
dilligaf_racing
New Contributor

@FICOMari wrote:
Dilligaf,

The same thing with me, TU removed it immediately and EX and EQ removed it one week later.

Im excited, do you find yourself staring at your credit report ?
Fico's TU 613, EQ591, EX615
10-3-08
Message 7 of 8
FICOMari
Regular Contributor

Yes!! I was so excited to see the trade line doesn't even exist on all 3 of my CR's! I had to check my new CR's against the old ones about 5 times just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating! Smiley Happy 
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.