cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of OC entry on credit reports after PFD to CA.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removal of OC entry on credit reports after PFD to CA.

In 2014 I had a charge-off for a department store credit card that eventually went to a collection agency.  Last year, I contacted the CA and got a PFD.  After payment the entry from the Collection Agency fell off of all 3 CRAs, but not the OC.

So a few months ago I sent a certified Goodwill letter to the OC with the address reporting on all 3 CRs, but never heard back from them.   

Recently, I checked my credit reports and the OC  is now showing as a Collection/charge off with remarks " Charged off as bad debt. Purchased by another lender." They are also reporting the balance as $0.

I am asking for help with what to do next to have the OC remove the entry. Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
vntrsc
Frequent Contributor

Re: Removal of OC entry on credit reports after PFD to CA.

Based upon the OC’s information (“purchased by another lender”), you paid a debt buyer.

That’s ok.  However, considering that fact, I’m not aware of anything else you can do to get the OC to delete its entry at this time.  Perhaps you can give it some time and try another good will letter.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removal of OC entry on credit reports after PFD to CA.

The OC is reporting properly. You paid the CA and they did you the favor of deletion, but the OC is simply reporting the truth - you had a debt with them that was sold to another entity. In this case, a goodwill campaign really is your only avenue to have it removed and the OC can opt to do so or to leave it as-is. The decision is wholly in their court to make. Look up the “goodwill saturation method” here on the forums for excellent guidance on how to go about this. I wish you the best in doing so and hope it works!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.