Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of derogatory information

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removal of derogatory information

Why is is so hard to get things removed from Experian?  I have past due bills removed from the other two CRA's but Experian doesn't remove anything.  Can anyone tell me why this happens?  Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removal of derogatory information

If you can shed a little more light on what you are trying to have removed, why you are disputing, and what reason you use when you dispute, then I could provide you with a better answer.

I've had no trouble with EX.

However, a friend recently has. Waiting on round 2 of disputes. With her, she had 3 tax liens, which were showing. However, when she paid them, instead of EX updating the ones already there, they placed all 3 on again, showing the duplicates as paid, satisfied. The original 3 entries showed as unpaid. Instead of removing, they just updated all 6 to show paid.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have medical bills on my CR which these bills have been removed from TU and EQ but EX seems to refuse to remove them.  I am going to make one last ditch effort to have them removed.  I am going to send a copy of my credit report to EX and show on there that they have been removed from the other two companies.  Is this a smart move?  Do you have any other suggestions?  Also i have had a repossesion and its on my credit but it's also showing the original amount along with the amount that it has been paid down to.  So it's like it is dinging me twice on my CR.  Is there anything I can do about this?  Thank You in advance for any help I can get with these issues.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

littlesiste1220 wrote:
I have medical bills on my CR which these bills have been removed from TU and EQ but EX seems to refuse to remove them.  I am going to make one last ditch effort to have them removed.  I am going to send a copy of my credit report to EX and show on there that they have been removed from the other two companies.  Is this a smart move?  Do you have any other suggestions?  Also i have had a repossesion and its on my credit but it's also showing the original amount along with the amount that it has been paid down to.  So it's like it is dinging me twice on my CR.  Is there anything I can do about this?  Thank You in advance for any help I can get with these issues.

Did you send the pre-hipaa letters? If so, it is time to send the 2nd hipaa letter to the OC.

Check my signature for a thread all about medical debts.

On the repo, is it showing the original amount and the current balance all on one entry? If so, I don't see how it is dinging you twice. Please explain further.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is showing one section on all three credit reports the balance that I owe now.  With Ex it is showing also a whole other window for the original amount that I was sued for.  The other two CRA's are not showing what I owed originally and they update monthly on just what my balance is owed.  Is there any way to get this off?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not quite understanding what you are saying. Maybe you could copy and paste the entries, leaving out personal information and it would show a better picture of what is reporting. The OC and one CA can both report. A judgment can also report.

littlesiste1220 wrote:
It is showing one section on all three credit reports the balance that I owe now.  With Ex it is showing also a whole other window for the original amount that I was sued for.  The other two CRA's are not showing what I owed originally and they update monthly on just what my balance is owed.  Is there any way to get this off?

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is not letting me copy and paste onto here it says a minimum of 2000 characters.  So i will try and explain.  The original loan was for $9,370.00.  They sued me for $7,289.00 which is what shows on the Experian credit report in a section all by itself from Wilminton Trust.  There is a section just below that for Wilminton Trust with an amount with all three credit agencies in the amount of $3,574.00 which is what is still owed on the car and $75.00 weekly is getting paid on this.  So for the Experian credit report it looks like they are adding up the 3k abd tge 7k so just for that besides what i have on there in medical bills it looks like a debt of 10k.  If you need any other information we might have to swap email addresses.  Thank You for you help
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the OC is reporting two TL, that is incorrect.

If the OC and a CA is reporting, that is correct.

If the OC and/or CA is reporting and a public record (where you were sued) is showing, that is correct.

If it is the 1st, then I would contact the OC about removing the duplicate. If no luck there, you may have to print out your EX report, highlight the duplicated accounts and send with a letter to the EX to dispute them as duplicates.

Do they both have the same account numbers?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they both have the same account numbers.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i also find experian to be a real pain.  they continue to list a tax lien from 1995.  the other two agencies have long since dropped them.  they cost me at least one job offer that I know of.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.