Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removals

I have several collections on my account that I have recently paid or am going to pay but i wanted to see if anyone has had any luck with getting any of these companies to remove or getting them removed from credit:

12/17  The Best Service Company: Orig balance: 1260 Status Paid 04/20

07/17  Midland Funding: Orig balance: 543 Status: settled 04/20

12/17  Wyoming Credit Association: Orig Balance: 686  Status: Open Collection  (although this has been paid and I have a letter from the collection agency stating this was paid 04/20)

9/15  Verizon Wireless: Orig Balance: 5900 Status: Settled 04/20

01/15  Real Time Resolutions; Orig Balance: 7825 status: Closed with balance 

04/18 EOS CCA: Orig Balance; 200 Status: Paid 04/20

10/15 First Premier Bank: Orig balance: 394 Status: Profit and Loss with balance of 394 

11/16 Credit Collection Serv: Orig Balance: 435 Status: Paid 5/20

06/18 I.C. System Inc: Orig balance: 277 Status: Paid 05/20

06/20 Collection Center Inc: Orig Balance: 2002 Status: Collections....this just hit today so thats great Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removals

Not sure about the other ones, but Midland has a policy (it's even stated on their website) that if the debt is more than 2 years old, they delete it after payment whether in full or for less. They report about every two weeks or so. You should have a deletion within about 6 weeks if it was already 2 years old. If not, when it turns 2, they should delete it. 

Message 2 of 14
hpotterfan77
Regular Contributor

Speaking from my own experience, I believe along with Midland, IC Systems and Credit Collections delete.  I had one each with them and I know for sure IC deleted and I'm pretty sure Credit Collection did as well.

Starting Scores (9/19): EQ - 474/TU - 528/EX - 502
Current Scores (09/22): EQ - 617- TU - 638/EX - 647
Comenity M/C - $6730.00, BJs Perks MC - $2800.00, Credit One - $1200.00, Credit One - $800.00, NFCU -$6300.00, Care Credit - $5000.00, William Sonoma - $3500.00, Overstock - $4100.00, Pottery Barn - $2000.00>
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just paid an IC Systems on 6/8. They said 30-45 days and it will be removed.

Message 4 of 14
kflo01
Contributor

12/17  The Best Service Company: Orig balance: 1260 Status Paid 04/20 Never heard of them

07/17  Midland Funding: Orig balance: 543 Status: settled 04/20 Deletes after payment no PFD needed

12/17  Wyoming Credit Association: Orig Balance: 686  Status: Open Collection  (although this has been paid and I have a letter from the collection agency stating this was paid 04/20)  Never heard of them

9/15  Verizon Wireless: Orig Balance: 5900 Status: Settled 04/20 IDK what they do

01/15  Real Time Resolutions; Orig Balance: 7825 status: Closed with balance  Never heard of them

04/18 EOS CCA: Orig Balance; 200 Status: Paid 04/20 Never heard of them

10/15 First Premier Bank: Orig balance: 394 Status: Profit and Loss with balance of 394 I am actually paying a charge off they still hold on friday. I am going to dispute about 3 weeks after paying the charge off so we shall see.

11/16 Credit Collection Serv: Orig Balance: 435 Status: Paid 5/20  Never heard of them

06/18 I.C. System Inc: Orig balance: 277 Status: Paid 05/20  Never heard of them

06/20 Collection Center Inc: Orig Balance: 2002 Status: Collections....this just hit today so thats gr  Never heard of them

For the ones I never heard of go to their web sites and see if there is anything on them about deleting accounts after payment.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Long time lurker, used this board extensively to clean up my credit. I have used info here to go up about 125 points in four years. Probably not as impressive as some but it is what it is.

I wanted to add my experience with Real Time Resolutions for anyone searching about them in the future, looks like you have a baddie with them.

They had a deficiency judgement on my second after foreclousre. About 58K. They called and sent letters constantly. They were hammering my credit with an open account show 120+ days late still open, I was at 610 Fico and screwed. No one would give me a pot to piss in. 

I never called them. I kept everything in writing. They sent a few letters asking me to call them, I emailed once per day offering at 10% settlement of $5800. No response four about three months, it was December and I kept sending it daily, figured some collector would need to meet end of year goals. One day an email rolls in, they will take my settlement but will NOT pay for delete. My credit is being destroyed by this open account so I do it, I send them a certified check for $5800. Account closed, shows as settled, Fico bumps about 35 points over night. I get a secured card and start to rebuild as described many places on here. 

That was 2015, fast forward to now. I notice they are not reporting my Date of first delinquincy wrong, and it will be on my file an extra two years. For some reason they only show up on Equifax and Transunion. I dispute, comes back verified. I email them, nothing. I decided to take a different approach, I file a BBB complaint in their home state of Texas. Under desired resolution I put "I would like this account deleted" and a few weeks later they email me and the BBB and agree to delete it. 

Go figure, but my journey is over. The only reason I am in the 720 range now and not higher is my file is all pretty recent and some student loans, but there is nothing bad. Keep offering RTR 10% and eventually they will take it, but in my experience, they will not PFD. 

Message 6 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Message 7 of 14
Swayskywalker

Hi myFICO members. Im new and the information here is incredible.

I recently got declined for a vehicle lease and the reason was cause my collections, so i decided to take action for my mistakes. I dont owe alot but its affecting me alot. 

In Collections Currently:

Credit Collection Serv: Orig Balance $377 

Credit Collection Serv: Orig Balance $1206

Jefferson Capitol: Orig Balance $745

Jefferson Capitol: Orig Balance $487

I have a Car Loan Paid Off but W/ 14 late payment affecting me also, I called the loan company but they wouldnt help. 

I called CCS this morning and they told me to pay the account and they will mark it as paid. I want it PFD but the rep kept saying pay it off first and call us back.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Swayskywalker wrote:

Hi myFICO members. Im new and the information here is incredible.

I recently got declined for a vehicle lease and the reason was cause my collections, so i decided to take action for my mistakes. I dont owe alot but its affecting me alot. 

In Collections Currently:

Credit Collection Serv: Orig Balance $377 

Credit Collection Serv: Orig Balance $1206

Jefferson Capitol: Orig Balance $745

Jefferson Capitol: Orig Balance $487

I have a Car Loan Paid Off but W/ 14 late payment affecting me also, I called the loan company but they wouldnt help. 

I called CCS this morning and they told me to pay the account and they will mark it as paid. I want it PFD but the rep kept saying pay it off first and call us back.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

If you search the threads for both of those CAs you will find how others have done with them. From off the top of my head, I believe both do PFDs!

Good luck!

Message 9 of 14
Swayskywalker

Just called JC and the rep naviagted me to there FAQ section and assured me that 30 days after payment they will delete. 

this is what it states:

Our policy is that we will request the credit bureaus delete the tradeline approximately 30 days after the final payment has been posted that resolves the account as paid in full or paid in full for less than the full balance.

Don't know if i should trust this.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.