Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removals

Just my personal opinion, if it is not in writing it doesnt exist. And that is their current policy, that could change tomorrow.

Can you try talking to the rep, be very nice, something like "I am sure you want to close this to hit your goals, can you mail or email me confirmation you will remove it once I pay? I will pay the moment I recieve that. I'm so sorry I just dont feel comfortable doing it without that assurance, I am sure you can understand that in this business if it is not in writing it does not exist

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Swayskywalker wrote:

Just called JC and the rep naviagted me to there FAQ section and assured me that 30 days after payment they will delete. 

this is what it states:

Our policy is that we will request the credit bureaus delete the tradeline approximately 30 days after the final payment has been posted that resolves the account as paid in full or paid in full for less than the full balance.

Don't know if i should trust this.

Being as it is their written policy, it doesnt get much better than that!

Again, if you search the threads for JC, you will see many have had success with getting their CAs removed from their CRs. This does not remove the original TLs, if they are still reporting, but at least you will not get hit with the double whammy of a CO and a CA!

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just my personal opinion, if it is not in writing it doesnt exist. And that is their current policy, that could change tomorrow.

Can you try talking to the rep, be very nice, something like "I am sure you want to close this to hit your goals, can you mail or email me confirmation you will remove it once I pay? I will pay the moment I recieve that. I'm so sorry I just dont feel comfortable doing it without that assurance, I am sure you can understand that in this business if it is not in writing it does not exist

it is in writing, being as it is their policy on their website. Often times after payment, they will send a receipt stating as much again.

Message 13 of 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Swayskywalker wrote:

Just called JC and the rep naviagted me to there FAQ section and assured me that 30 days after payment they will delete. 

this is what it states:

Our policy is that we will request the credit bureaus delete the tradeline approximately 30 days after the final payment has been posted that resolves the account as paid in full or paid in full for less than the full balance.

Don't know if i should trust this.

You can trust it. Plenty of success stories on here of them deleting upon payment, including me. In fact, they deleted their collection off my report as soon as I made payment arrangements. I'm still currently paying on it.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.