cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Late Payments HELP!

tag
kikib

Re: Remove Late Payments HELP!

I would love your help on removing three things on my credit report that are in Collections. I'm in Louisiana

1. Sprint account - $1200

2. Medical bill - $1200

3. Columbia House - $100 (which I have no clue on this account). I never received any CD's that they stated I received and had delivered to my apartment.

Thanks

Message 11 of 23
bkchild78

First, you will need to remove all addresses on your credit file that these agencies have lists for you. Then you need to dispute the debt with the agency by sending them a letter stating you are disputing the debt and request that they send you a contract bearing your signature and their surety bond information. Give them about a week to receive the letter, then dispute it. Once you get the dispute results back if its been deleted you will need to call them immediately and set up arrangements to pay them if they are not paid. If it doesn't get deleted, then you need to request removal in writing once its paid and let them respond to you in writing stating they are willing to remove it once its paid. Once it's deleted it should stay that way but I've seen things get reinserted just hold into the credit report which shows it was deleted so that if for some reason it's reinserted you can send the proof that its a reinsertion and they will remove it again. I've seen the OC send it to another collection agency too so the process starts over again so that's why I say if its not paid, make arrangements to get it paid so it stays in house. Let me know how it works out!
Message 12 of 23
bkchild78

I have lots of other ways to get things off but I think we are limited on the info we put in here & it also includes researching laws and so forth. But the easiest items to get removed are CA's for me. I just got my results back from a previous dispute and I got my chapter 13 BK off, a charge off, 2 foreclosures, & another charge off to read paid in full and it's not. I've been using this new method called the jack attack and its been very successful with TU!
Message 13 of 23
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

bkchild78,  please PM me.  I would like to ask you a question. 

Message 14 of 23
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Public service announcement ~ disputing accurate information on one's report is not considered appropriate and discussion of such is not permitted per the myFICO terms of service.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 15 of 23
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@bkchild78 wrote:
I have lots of other ways to get things off but I think we are limited on the info we put in here & it also includes researching laws and so forth. But the easiest items to get removed are CA's for me. I just got my results back from a previous dispute and I got my chapter 13 BK off, a charge off, 2 foreclosures, & another charge off to read paid in full and it's not. I've been using this new method called the jack attack and its been very successful with TU!

The so called "jack attack" isn't new at all.  It's been around for awhile and personally I don't see it working.  I think any success with it is coincidental.  I will explain it.

Supposedly you would DV the CA which would time bar them from collection activity.  Then you would dispute it.  The premise is that they would not be able to verify the debt because of the DV.  This is false.  They can still verify it, even by e-Oscar.  

This has been discussed before, but I figured it had fallen from favor because I haven't seen it discussed in quite some time.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 16 of 23
bkchild78

As I mentioned I did not receive notice in regard to the collection so I had to dispute it to validate it. But thanks for the info.
Message 17 of 23
bkchild78

What I listed has worked for me & my clients as the data contained was not accurate. I did not mention any jack attack or what not all I'm stating is stating its not yours when it is isn't successful especially when all they do is verify it against your address. There are laws that state there are processes that have to be followed and I research those laws and use them when they apply. And TX had a lot of laws that protect us from CA's or any organization from collecting in additional to the federal laws. But In almost every case I've had to DV a CA I've almost never received verification of the debt & several stayed in dispute way longer than 30 days and was sent back to the OC. Collection activity includes reporting it to your credit file. Once I talk to the OC like I said if its mine I pay it, if its already reporting as the Verizon one was, I PFD. But we have to receive notice in writing regarding the debt & letting us know how to dispute it, and I didn't so that is the way I went about them all. I don't know how to PM so you may have to PM me first.
Message 18 of 23
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

I did send u pm

Message 19 of 23
bkchild78

*new not any & I skipped a whole part I meant to say new to me concerning jack attack! Sorry iPhone corrects everything and messes me up!
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.