Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove my oldest account?

tag
chrisjitsu
Established Member

Re: Remove my oldest account?

Update:

So Orchard Bank agreed to remove ALL the lates and is now reporting a 0 balance with a clean history. That resulted in a 32 pt increase! So now that Target is my only negative account, should I GW them to try to get them to remove the lates, possibly risking a total removal?  

Starting Score: EQ: 659 (1/21/11 via myFico SW), TU: 689 (1/21/11 via myFico QM), EX: 635 FAKO
Current Score: EQ: 755 (1/25/11 via myFico SW), TU: 762 (1/21/11 via myFico QM), EX: 754
Goal Score: 760+ on all scores

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@chrisjitsu wrote:

Update:

So Orchard Bank agreed to remove ALL the lates and is now reporting a 0 balance with a clean history. That resulted in a 32 pt increase! So now that Target is my only negative account, should I GW them to try to get them to remove the lates, possibly risking a total removal?  

That's a risk that you always take when you ask for a GW removal of lates. Only you can make that decision.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 12 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on Orchard!!!! Orchard/HSBC had been difficult to deal with in the past. Looks like they are loosening up.

Message 13 of 16
chrisjitsu
Established Member

Re: Remove my oldest account? ***UPDATE***

So...

I decided to look closely at my reports and noticed that I had a student loan that I am still paying on from 1998 (Deferred/ Forbearance for a while until I was in a position to repay) that was only showing up on EX. I called the lender to ask about it. Basically, when I finally came out of forebearance, they updated my TL but it disappeared from EQ and TU. They made the correction, so now I have a clean account that has an age 12yrs 10mos.

With that, I figured I would GW Target to see if the would only remove the negative items and let me keep the TL. At this point I was willing to take the risk of having the entire TL deleted, because my AAoA wouldn't take such a serious hit. 

SUCCESS... for the most part anyways. Target accepted my GW on the first attempt, but decided to delete the entire TL. Here's the really interesting part, my score didn't move at all. I was expecting a minor drop, but it didn't happen that way. So now all that is left to deal with is 1 collection from 2006 thats reporting to all 3 CRAs, and remove  one that is only reporting to TU (I paid the OC and have docs that say they will instruct the CA to delete). After that I'll be in the clear. 

For those who are wondering, I started with a EQ 606 @ 11/23/10 and today I am at EQ 651. 

Thanks to everyone on this forum! I can't wait to report more good news.

Starting Score: EQ: 659 (1/21/11 via myFico SW), TU: 689 (1/21/11 via myFico QM), EX: 635 FAKO
Current Score: EQ: 755 (1/25/11 via myFico SW), TU: 762 (1/21/11 via myFico QM), EX: 754
Goal Score: 760+ on all scores

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 16
skipwin1
Established Member

YOu are dead right to be questioning this. My guess is that it will hurt your score big time to that negative removed

Message 15 of 16
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Hi skipwin1 and welcome to the forums.

Just wanted to let you know that this is an old thread.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.