cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed a late payment from July 2016 and CreditKarma/Quizzle score only went up 7 points?

tag
rollerkosh
Established Member

Removed a late payment from July 2016 and CreditKarma/Quizzle score only went up 7 points?

So only December 6th I saw my score was 599 on Credit Karma/Quizzle/Credit Sesame all of which use Transunion because of a negative item (30 days late payment) on Transunion. I had my mortgage company contact transunion and they removed the late payment from July of 2016. I had assumed that recent late payment has one of the highest affects on the credit score. However when that was removed i checked my score again today and it went up only to 606 which is a pretty bad jump for removing an incorrect late payment item. Any idea why?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removed a late payment from July 2016 and CreditKarma/Quizzle score only went up 7 points?

If you have other negative items in your reports then there will not be much of an increase in your scores, that's the best I can offer with the limited information available.
Message 2 of 5
rollerkosh
Established Member

Re: Removed a late payment from July 2016 and CreditKarma/Quizzle score only went up 7 points?

That was the only negative item 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rollerkosh wrote:

That was the only negative item 

Again with the limited information you have provided I can only guess at what limited you score increase. Credit Karma provides Vantage scores and they weigh utilization heavily and very few lenders use them.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rollerkosh wrote:

So only December 6th I saw my score was 599 on Credit Karma/Quizzle/Credit Sesame all of which use Transunion because of a negative item (30 days late payment) on Transunion. I had my mortgage company contact transunion and they removed the late payment from July of 2016. I had assumed that recent late payment has one of the highest affects on the credit score. However when that was removed i checked my score again today and it went up only to 606 which is a pretty bad jump for removing an incorrect late payment item. Any idea why?

Yes, its a crap FAKO score, not worth looking at or paying any attention to.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.