Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed as Authorized User

tag
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Removed as Authorized User

Ok so my dad added me as an authorized user on his account about 2 years ago. His credit limit was $16,000, but he quickly added up the charges and used about 98% of that card. I know this has a HUGE impact on my score, as it shows I owe around $15,000 now and 95% of my credit is unavailable. I have 2 credit cards on my own, both of which I pay on time and have low utilization.

So anyways, my dad contacted his bank and had them remove me as an authorized user. This was about a month ago, but still hasn't been reported to any agencies. Should I just wait it out, or can I maybe open a dispute with TransUnion to move the process along? My credit has been at 595 for the past like 6 months and I've been working hard on trying to get it to the 700's, but I feel like this account is really holding me back.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Removed as Authorized User

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

Ok so my dad added me as an authorized user on his account about 2 years ago. His credit limit was $16,000, but he quickly added up the charges and used about 98% of that card. I know this has a HUGE impact on my score, as it shows I owe around $15,000 now and 95% of my credit is unavailable. I have 2 credit cards on my own, both of which I pay on time and have low utilization.

So anyways, my dad contacted his bank and had them remove me as an authorized user. This was about a month ago, but still hasn't been reported to any agencies. Should I just wait it out, or can I maybe open a dispute with TransUnion to move the process along? My credit has been at 595 for the past like 6 months and I've been working hard on trying to get it to the 700's, but I feel like this account is really holding me back.

It should update at the regularly scheduled time for monthly reporting and if it doesnt then you can dispute to have it removed as not responsible for the account.

Message 2 of 3
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Re: Removed as Authorized User

You can generally dispute the AU account that is being reported and the CRA will remove it. I do not know if that option is still there it would be a option to to dispute an authorized user account or you could also dispute saying youre not liable and they will remove it within 30 days (usually in a couple of days). 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.