Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing $0 Charge Offs

tag
Nikki66972
New Contributor

Removing $0 Charge Offs

In 2018, I went through a bad period and I had 4 CC accounts charge off and go to collections. Three CCs were with Comenity and the other is Macy's. I paid the collections and they were removed from my CR.  Now, the charge offs are $0 and the original creditors are not removing the charge offs. I thought once the collection was removed the the charge off would go away as well..

How do I get the charge offs removed?

Starting Score: 589
Current Score: 589
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

March 2020
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing $0 Charge Offs

@Nikki66972 wrote:

In 2018, I went through a bad period and I had 4 CC accounts charge off and go to collections. Three CCs were with Comenity and the other is Macy's. I paid the collections and they were removed from my CR.  Now, the charge offs are $0 and the original creditors are not removing the charge offs. I thought once the collection was removed the the charge off would go away as well..

The CO is not removed when you negotiate a PFD with a CA. It only removes the CA.

You cannot force the OC to remove the CO. They are only required to uodate the CO to $0.

The only thing you can do at this point is go on a goodwill campaign. 

I think there has been success with GW requests from Comenity. 

Message 2 of 6
Nikki66972
New Contributor

Thank you

@Anonymous wrote:

@Nikki66972 wrote:

The CO is not removed when you negotiate a PFD with a CA. It only removes the CA.

You cannot force the OC to remove the CO. They are only required to uodate the CO to $0.

The only thing you can do at this point is go on a goodwill campaign. 

I think there has been success with GW requests from Comenity. 

Starting Score: 589
Current Score: 589

March 2020
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep in mind that unless that is your only CO and therefore removes that as your highest level of delinquency or unless it changes the time since the most recent CO, you may not see much of any of score improvement, since there's no dollar amount being paid. 

Message 4 of 6
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

I personally have not had success with comenity with my two charged off accounts from 2017 not that I'm going to stop trying. When i send the letter they just keep referring me to the collection agency they sold it to even though the collection has been gone since 2019 and I even put that in my letter.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.