Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Charge Offs

tag
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Removing Charge Offs

@cbneale09 wrote:
No I really appreciate. Discover is still reporting so it looks like I’m still missing payments even though it’s charged off. Thinking of settling. Keep a little money but get the account to stop reporting. But mybe it’s worth $1800 to have the account say “paid in full”

That is what I would do.. pay it (either settle or in full.. whatever works best for your pockets - tho Paid In Full looks better upon manual review of your reports).  And this way, the accout will close -  and the threat of collection or additional updating will no longer exist - peace of mind.  And if you get a bit of a score boost from the lowered utilization as a result - even better.   Plus, it shows other creditors that you pay what you owe, even if a tad bit late. 

Best of luck whatever you decide.. Smiley Wink

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.