Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Civil Judgement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing Civil Judgement

I am anxiously awaiting my Satisfaction of Debt letter to come in the mail this week so that I can take it to the Clerk Of Courts office to have the civil judgment attached to it removed from my credit reports.  I am hoping that once this is done, my scores will be high enough to get approved for a mortgage.  The judgment appears as my last "missed payment" on my credit reports dating to September of 2016, other than that, I am late payment free for over a year, so that part should be good for my mortgage.  My question is, once the judgement is removed from my credit reports, will the late payment notation also be removed or will that somehow stick around?  Also, I know it varies, but does anyone have any experience with how much I can expect my score to increase?  Given that it is more recent (less than a year old), I would expect that it could be a decent jump...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing Civil Judgement

If the judgment is your only public record on your credit reports, you may see a large bump in FICO but it also depends on what your FICO score is.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing Civil Judgement

It is the only public record. FICO scores are currently ranging in the mid to upper 500s.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.