Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Disputes

tag
cha04039
Established Member

Removing Disputes

How can I go about removing disputed items from my CR?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Removing Disputes

Are you trying to get information removed as a result of a dispute, or the fact of having disputed?

Whether or not the disputed information is deleted depends upon the results of the dispute.

If inaccurate, the furnisher always has the opportunity to simply correct without deleting.

If they find the reporting accurate, they can simply state that they verify the accuracy of what was reported.

Deletion is only required if they fail to provide verification of accuracy as reported or to correct the disputed information.

They can always reinsert the deleted information at a later time by providing verification of its accuracy to the CRA, who must then send you notice of their reinsertion.

It depends on the facts of your dispute, and how they resolve it.

Message 2 of 6
cha04039
Established Member

way back when, I thought I could dispute stuff on my CR and it would remove it, obviously that isnt always the case. I have a CC that is paid off now that I disputed in the past. I want to close on a house and I cant have any open disputes on my CR so I want to get this dispute removed from the TL. Does that make sense?

Message 3 of 6
wenbev
New Contributor

I had to do that years ago for a medical collection.  I contacted the bureaus and they removed the dispute.

Message 4 of 6
cha04039
Established Member

Thank you! I just didnt know who to contact!

Message 5 of 6
wenbev
New Contributor

No worries, this just removes the dispute tag from the TL, doesn't remove the TL - just clarification for anyone else reading this.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.