Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Hard Inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing Hard Inquiries

Yes I recently was offered A hsn credit card and I was approved and they only ask for the last four of my ssn but it still end up being A hard pull and drop my score by 4 points and I wanna know if I dispute this can I still keep the card the limit is only 1,000 thank for your time
2 REPLIES 2
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Removing Hard Inquiries

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes I recently was offered A hsn credit card and I was approved and they only ask for the last four of my ssn but it still end up being A hard pull and drop my score by 4 points and I wanna know if I dispute this can I still keep the card the limit is only 1,000 thank for your time

The short answer is yes you can keep the card, no you won't be successful disputing...

A hard inquiry can be performed anytime you are requesting credit. Just because you only gave the last 4 of your SSN does not prevent a potential creditor from making a HP. HSN had a permissible purpose pulling your credit report and you will be unsuccessful in disputing the HP if you try.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Removing Hard Inquiries

Medic is right. 4 points is a drop in the bucket. You'll get it back once the card ages a few months. 4 points isnt worth worrying about. But you may lose a few more points once the new tradeline hits your report.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.