Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Negatives Early

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing Negatives Early

I just wanted to let everyone know that it is worth a shot to try and get negatives removed early.  I did a dispute with Transunion and they show on your accounts with an estimated date of removal.  I was able to get 2 items removed early (Select this account is too old to be on my account and then in the comments text say I am requesting early removal) that were scheduled to drop off within the next 6 months from my report.  After that was approved I did a dispute with the other two.  The issue is the other two do not give the option of this account is too old to be on my report.  I had to select other and then put in the description "Requesting early removal from my credit report".  I am still waiting to hear back but I belive one has already been removed.

In my case this helped to raise my score.  I am going to wait another month or two and try to get some other items removed from my report which should have a significant impact on my report.

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing Negatives Early

You are doing the right thing already.  Just remember the max time in advance for TU is 6 months and EX 3 months,  EQ is a pain!!! You can always call and ask to speak to a supervisor sometime they can help with EE.

Good luck

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You are doing the right thing already.  Just remember the max time in advance for TU is 6 months and EX 3 months,  EQ is a pain!!! You can always call and ask to speak to a supervisor sometime they can help with EE.

Good luck

Thanks!  I finally got one of mine over 700 and I think over the next few months they will all be over 700.  I am trying for the what I call "magical" number of 720.  That seems to be the number where you get the best rates.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  I haven't been keeping up with this like I used too.

Yeah I am going to try on September 1st to remove the BK and one other thing from Transunion.  After those two drop off my score should go up (I hope).  I have heard it can drop with a BK falls off too, but that is rare.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score decreases when BKs are removed are due to other accounts being removed at the same time which lowers AAoA. It's not the removal of the BK that drops the score. When my BK was removed I typically saw a 70 point increase, depending on the CRA. However, if you have other derog items still listed, you might not see a big score jump until the last of those goes away.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good luck

Thanks!  I finally got one of mine over 700 and I think over the next few months they will all be over 700.  I am trying for the what I call "magical" number of 720.  That seems to be the number where you get the best rates.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  I haven't been keeping up with this like I used too.

Yeah I am going to try on September 1st to remove the BK and one other thing from Transunion.  After those two drop off my score should go up (I hope).  I have heard it can drop with a BK falls off too, but that is rare.

So check this out.  When I call EX they told me I have a baddie that's set to fall off Nov 2018.  I ask them if it can be remove any sooner they said that the system already have it set to be removed at the 3 months mark which is Nov 1st, 2018.  TU same thing have one set to fall off Jan 2019 but they told me that's the earliest. I won't even talk about EQ as they won't budge!  I'm considering trying EX and TU back in August to see if they will give an EE for both.  It's just a waiting game now.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've gotten the impression that if you ask EXP for an EE earlier than 3 months out, they mark the account at exactly 3 months and do an automatic removal.

I had a final baddie on my EXP report that I was very anxious to remove. I started calling at 5 months out, then 4 months and finally at 3.5 months in the hopes that they would relent. They consistently told me it couldn't be removed early (at all). Then, at exactly 3 months out to the day, it magically disappeared on its own.

Message 6 of 11
ventura407
Established Member

My annual credit report with TU shows that my repo should be falling off in 11/2018. My wages are being garnished and I’m 2 checks away from paying it off completely. Would I be able to ask for a early deletion if I’m being garnished still? Or should I just wait till next month?
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ventura407 wrote:
My annual credit report with TU shows that my repo should be falling off in 11/2018. My wages are being garnished and I’m 2 checks away from paying it off completely. Would I be able to ask for a early deletion if I’m being garnished still? Or should I just wait till next month?

Most definately! Give TU a call sometime you have to speak to a supervisor to get it done while some just dispute it stating “item to old to be on file” through credit karma. I usually call because I dont care and its my credit file!😎

Message 8 of 11
ventura407
Established Member

Thank you! Gave them a call yesterday and opened a dispute for “ too old to be reporting still” we’ll see how it goes and I’ll report back.
Message 9 of 11
ventura407
Established Member

*UPDATE*

I know I just replied to this thread a few mins ago but coincidentally I just got a notification that my REPO was removed from transunion. My score jumped 17 points. THANK YOU!!!! After all these years finally!!!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.