cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing US Dept. EDU from 2011 and score impact

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
New Contributor

Removing US Dept. EDU from 2011 and score impact

These 2 are closed on my report and are scheduled to be removed Aug 2019. I can do an EE with TU and have them removed but my question before I do so is:

This should not hurt my score when it's removed should it, since it's being reported as negative?

edu.jpg

FICO8 Scores:
EX: 686 – 4/1/2019
TU: 708 – 4/1/2019
EQ: 712 – 4/1/2019

FICO9 Scores:
EX: 682 – 4/1/2019
TU: 710 – 4/1/2019
EQ: 729 – 4/1/2019

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Removing US Dept. EDU from 2011 and score impact

If you have another installment loan like car, mortgage ,ect. Nope. Removing them with paid collections in the comments will help.

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC @ 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 2 of 10
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks. I was not sure if it would impact my AAoA since this is from 2011. I have other other installments as well.
FICO8 Scores:

FICO9 Scores:

Message 3 of 10
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Closed accounts still count up to 10yrs. Your go to go.

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC @ 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 4 of 10
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Nope remove those bad boys ASAP! I had 2 student loans from US Dept of Education, plus reporting twice in collections. Once I EE'd all 4, my score shot up quite a bit! I think the late payments are hurting you more than removing the age would. You'll definitely be able to get them removed with TU, and then at the 3 month mark with EX. EQ will automatically remove them one month before the DoFD on the 1st of the month.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 5 of 10
Highlighted
New Contributor

Just got off the phone with TU supervisor.  He checked and said since both are "within range" (assuming 6 months from removal) he went ahead and deleted them.  I said how long will this take to be finalized (just to have him verify verbally again).  He said, he just did it and as of now, they are removed.  I'll receive a letter in 7-10 days with details.

WONDERFUL!!!  Smiley Happy

Now, I just need to wait until it gets a little closer so I can have it removed from EX and EQ.  I'm interested to see how this impacts my score.

I don't have any collections on my reports calculated though.  Is this because they are paid and closed or some other reason? I thought paid and closed collections would still show up under collections section?

FICO8 Scores:

FICO9 Scores:

Message 6 of 10
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@USER1056689 wrote:

Just got off the phone with TU supervisor.  He checked and said since both are "within range" (assuming 6 months from removal) he went ahead and deleted them.  I said how long will this take to be finalized (just to have him verify verbally again).  He said, he just did it and as of now, they are removed.  I'll receive a letter in 7-10 days with details.

WONDERFUL!!!  Smiley Happy

Now, I just need to wait until it gets a little closer so I can have it removed from EX and EQ.  I'm interested to see how this impacts my score.

I don't have any collections on my reports calculated though.  Is this because they are paid and closed or some other reason? I thought paid and closed collections would still show up under collections section?

Did you specifically ask for a supervisor when calling? Because I literally just got off the phone with the front line CR for TU and he said he can't do anything about my collection, which is set to fall of in August. I know they can delete things 6 months ahead and told the guy so, but all he said was "We can start a dispute and they will notify you of the outcome". I think this is a sign to just leave it alone LOL. That and the fact that when I tried to do it online, it said my account was locked as they couldn't verify my identity.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Message 7 of 10
Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes, first person answered an the first thing I said was"  Hello, I'd like to speak to a supervisor for an EE on 2 accounts on my credit report."

He said let me see what I can do first.  He verified my name, address, ssn, etc. and then asked which 2 accounts.  I told him and he said they are set to be removed in Aug.  I said correct and I need to speak to a supersior as they are the only ones who can do an EE.  He said please whole while I connect you to my supervisor. 

Supervisor came on asked for exact same info and then he deleted the accounts.  I was super  friendly when speaking with both of them as well and said a lot of please and thank you's haha.

FICO8 Scores:

FICO9 Scores:

Message 8 of 10
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@USER1056689 wrote:

Yes, first person answered an the first thing I said was"  Hello, I'd like to speak to a supervisor for an EE on 2 accounts on my credit report."

He said let me see what I can do first.  He verified my name, address, ssn, etc. and then asked which 2 accounts.  I told him and he said they are set to be removed in Aug.  I said correct and I need to speak to a supersior as they are the only ones who can do an EE.  He said please whole while I connect you to my supervisor. 

Supervisor came on asked for exact same info and then he deleted the accounts.  I was super  friendly when speaking with both of them as well and said a lot of please and thank you's haha.

Ok I'm pretty sure that's what I did last time as well. I'm always super friendly, too! I always try to be happy and cheery when talking to customer service because it's just way easier to get things done that way. Also, I always read horror stories on Reddit about what these people have to go through with some customers. I don't ever want to be that kind of person.

Message 9 of 10
Highlighted

@USER1056689 wrote:
Thanks. I was not sure if it would impact my AAoA since this is from 2011. I have other other installments as well.

All OC accounts count towards AAoA whether they are open or closed. For fico purposes you only need one open installment loan reporting.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.